Kaspersky Questions

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by n8chavez, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I just installed the latest Kasperky AV beta. I must say that it is pretty cool. Some of the things that I disliked about Kaspersky have been changed in this new version, especially if I don't install the PDM. There are those here that are more knowledgeable about KAV then I.

1. Is it possible to allow a particular dll to be ecluded from port scanning? Kaspersky cews with Miranda's connection to MSN messenger?

2. How can I change the icon to the Kaspersky folder in \Program Files\? I think KAV's sefl-defense capabilities are not allowing it. The same is true with the KAV uninstall name. Can that be changed?

3. When an real licence, not a trial licence, is used with KAV does the Activation option on the main screen disappear?

Thanks.

2. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

1. a dll no, only an entire application (through the trusted zone)
    2. disable self defense (settings->Service), exit kis, do your stuff, start kis back and re enable self defense.
    3. no, activation is a bit incorrect, that page displays license information regardless of the key

3. n8chavez

Thank you very much. That was helpful, and very prompt.

4. plantextract

You are welcome

5. n8chavez

I have one more question about KAV is would would oblige. What is the name of the file(s) that control the context menue icon and the notification tray icon in version 7 skins? I noticed that on some skins the notification icon is differerent than the default and I want to use Black7 but change that icon. Any ideas?

6. n8chavez

Never mind. I found that out, and I took the Amora tray icons and merged them with Black7.

7. n8chavez

I am having a little trouble with KAV and the scanning of SSL ports, namely https ports. I use proxomitron, as indicated in my signature, and it only give me the option to either allow the certificate KAV uses or to allow it for the session. Is there any way I can get KAV to permanently recognize these certificates so that I am not prompted every time? What have other Proxo users done here?

Nate

8. plantextract

this is due to the scanning of ssl connections. kav will break the certificate if you let it scan them, and there's no way to prevent it. the only thing you can do is disable the scanning of encrypted connections or disable the port used 9usually 443). you can do this in settings, traffic monitoring, data ports

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.