Kaspersky question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Sher, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sher

Sher Registered Member

If I buy KIS 2012 and insert its key directly into KIS 2013, will it work? Or, do I need to first install KIS 2012 and get my key activated first with it, and then upgrade to 2013?

I want a clear answer.

2. Yes it will work.

3. thanhtai2009

thanhtai2009 Registered Member

it's free upgrade from ver 2010/2011/2012 to v.2013. So just download right localized version for your activation code and activate with it

4. Sher

Sher Registered Member

It looks weird to me. How can you install the 2012 key directly into 2013? Though, a free upgrade from previous versions do make sense.

5. thanhtai2009

just download and install KiS13, insert your current v.2012 activation code to Activation Wizard. It'll be activated.

6. Sher

Sher Registered Member

What if the key was still untouched?

7. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

With security software, it's the software build that determines the version, not the serial code. Why? Your license determines the duration of your subscription and most security companies aren't too worried if you get hold of a cheap retail code and use their software, which is why you can simply buy an older code and use it in a current version.

It's the renewals where they try and get you. I won't name names, but a couple of security companies have recently made it much harder for novices to simply buy a new cheap retail code and renew an existing license. Indeed, one company has had to issue us with an official "Key Remover" tool so a user can remove their existing license and insert a new one. Without this, they can only extend their license through their online account, as a renewal. Of course, renewals tend to be close to full price or, perhaps, with a small discount.

8. thanhtai2009

there are no much differences between old-new code while you activate KiS. If you use new code, the application also promt you to enter email, contact info...for further support

9. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

a valid key for Kaspersky Antivirus / Internet Security will work on any iteration of that software! Simple as that :rolleyes:

10. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

That's why when I was using KIS I'd sometimes buy previous year boxed copy for $10. Instead of $50 for current year. And to skip the hassle of FAR new copy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.