Kaspersky Question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DVD+R, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I'm wondering if it is Adequate enough to just have Kaspersky IS 7 just scan my C: Drive instead of enabling everything else o_O When you click on the magnifying glass where it says scan, as there are other check boxes for Documents and mail databases. In the Critical areas System memory/Startup objects/Disk boot sectors/C:Windows and C:Windows\system32 are checked.
    In My Computer, System memory/Startup objects/System backup storeage/Mail databases/All Hard Drives and All Removeable drives are checked and greyed out.
    In Startup objects, System memory/Startup objects and Disk Boot Sectors are checked
    and in Rootkit Scan, My Computer is checked.

In the setting\Scan Window I have everything checked to do not prompt and to disinfect and delete auromatically, and only My Computer checked as run mode at 10:30pm each Friday. is this sufficient? or do I need to enable something else o_O

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Have you made some tweak lately? Because I also have KAV 7 (don't know exactly about KIS) with default settings and:

*In the Critical areas System memory/Startup objects/Disk boot sectors/C:Windows and C:Windows\system32: everything is checked.
    *In My Computer, System memory/Startup objects/System backup storeage/Mail databases/All Hard Drives/All Removeable drives and All Network Drives: everything but 'all network drives' is checked and active (not greyed out).
    *In Startup objects, System memory/Startup objects and Disk Boot Sectors: everything is checked.
    *In Rootkit Scan: My Computer is checked.

These settings differs a bit from yours. I customized these only for proxy server, update, reports and appearance.

3. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

entries are grayed out when the scan is running as far as i can recall

4. fce

fce Registered Member

same here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.