Kaspersky Personal/Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Sputnik, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

I was browsing around on Kaspersky's website and I saw the huge price difference between the normal Personal and the Personal Pro.

Personal: $41.50
    Personal Pro: $66.50

Now what is exactly the main difference between them. I know the Pro has more configuration options, but to pay $25 extra for some configuration switches is kinda crazy. Also the Pro seems to use more RAM? Close this topic when you find it useless, but I just was interested.

2. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

If you have a Pro license, you get a free upgrade to KAV 2006 is what I have heard is one of the differences. Plus there is Office protection on Pro. There are more but that is what sold me on it.

3. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

I think if you buy Pro you can upgrade to KIS 2006 and if you buy Personal you can upgrade to KAV 2006?

4. Access Denied

Probably right. I should have said I bought it just for the Office protection. I don't want KIS, but rather KAV, lol. :D

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

He is right, when you install KIS 2006 you can just decide which module's you want to install, so if you don't like Antihacker, you don't install it, but you may want Antispam, Antispy and Officeguard (not in KAV 2006), but if you want to, you can probably use the Pro-key for KAV 2006 just like you can use it for Personal now.

6. Access Denied

Thanks Don.

7. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Registered Member

I love this approach. This is somethig I disliked with other "Suites" in that you couldn't just install certain pieces of it. It was all or nothing(even though you could turn features off in other suites, they would still be installed and hooked into the OS).

As for Pro vs Personal, try each one and see which you like better. I started with the Personal version but after a bit, I decided to upgrade to the Pro version for more flexibility in controlling what KAV does and when.

8. SimonCC

SimonCC Registered Member

umm...I thought Kaspersky pro was not available anymore. I cannot find it anywhere on eithar www.kaspersky.com or www.kaspersky.co.uk. I swear I read somewhere that they split the product line into personal and KIS.

anyone?

S.

9. Don Pelotas

Simon, i don't i can see/buy Pro at both sites you linked to, but you can always buy through the swiss reseller Metro they have 1 + 2 year deals which are for two desktops. Or if you're in the US, the US-distributer http://store.ice-kav.com/, in fact i can buy through all of these so i don't know whats the problem.

There will no Personal/Pro version in the 2006 lineup, there will from the start be Kav 2006 & KIS 2006. :)

10. SimonCC

just to clarify Don Pelotas, can you see pro in the sites I mentioned?

11. Don Pelotas

Yes, in both and buy as well if i needed to. :)

12. SimonCC

just found it also, its weird though, inder downloads, it isnt listed, oh well!

thanks for that,

S.

13. Don Pelotas

What if you use this link:http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates?

14. SimonCC

its not there...

15. Don Pelotas

16. Chuck_IV

I had this problem initially, when I bought the Personal version. I didn't know the Pro version was still available because it didn't show up for me on their website(their website is a bit screwy if you ask me). When I found out it was available, I talked to their(Kaspersky) sales department and they allowed me to buy the Pro version and refunded my Personal version cost.

This is the Product Page for Pro: http://www.kaspersky.com/personalpro

However, when I click on the buy link, Digital River gives me an error.

I used this link to buy the Pro version: http://esd.element5.com/product.html?productid=507003&languageid=1&cart=1

It still works fine, if you want to buy it.

17. SimonCC

ok, thanks for that. I thought I was going crazy for a minute! I think ill stick it out with personal as pro is really expensive! Spending that much on an AV just seems like madness.

thanks again for providing me with some clarity!

S.

18. Chuck_IV

That all depends on what you are looking for in an AV(I also got lucky in that respect as my Pro purchase was discounted).

19. SimonCC

I currently have ewido security suite, PG, spyware guard, as well as KAV protecting my system. So far now, all is well! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.