Kaspersky MP1

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bs259, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

I have a couple of questions about KIS MP1.

1) do you have to uninstall release version before installing this version?
    2) do you have to use the best testing key or will my present key activate it?
    3) how does it compare to the present release version?
    4) are there any major pro's or con's for or against installing beta build?

Feel free to add whatever thoughts or questions you think may be of importance to this thread.

Please only people who have actually tested KIS MP1 and not people who dont know what they are talking about!!!

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

1. Yes.
    2. Better use the beta key, i haven't tried yet with one of my "normalkeys", but you can try of course, the release candidates are usually capable of using it.
    3. Better proactive defense, it looks virtually the same, but are better with everything.
    4. No, not really, if you get into trouble you can just remove it with the KisKavRemove, which you use this way:

1. Download KisKav6Remove.zip.

2. Make a folder called Kav 6.0 on the desktop and unzip KisKavRemove into this, then uninstall Kaspersky, reboot into safemode and run the tool (doubleclick on "avp_remove.cmd" for the 6.0 tool). This only works if you have installed Kis/Kav in the default c:\ location with Windows!

3. Reboot into normalmode and install 6.0 again.

3. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

I tested KIS and KAV for more than a year.

1. Everytime you install another version you have to uninstall your current version. But not sure about MP1 it may now be upgrade. I no longer use Kaspersky software.
    2. If your using beta version you have to use beta key. Others will not work.
    4. Beta versions are not as stable as release versions.

If you want to know more go to Forum on Kaspersky website. That is the best place to ask questions about Kaspersky MP1 software. Go to the beta forum there.

Rick

4. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

Should i use the remove tool for the release version of KIS also or just remove from add/remove software?

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

No, only if you see problems of some sort.

P.s. Would please not post the same questions both here and at the Kaspersky forum, it's kind of annoying to sit and answer questions, only to discover the same post a few minutes later at the official forum after already having answerred you.

6. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

Yes. Use the remove tool. You can use for release and beta versions.

7. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

Yeah, sorry about that, just following the advice from kr4ey about posting in the KAV forum, i was going to say that you didnt have to answer both unless you wanted to.

8. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

Thanks

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

As this issue is being discussed at the KAV official forum and so as not to create un-necessary redundancy assistance....We'll bring this thread to a close and ask that the KAV assistance as it relates to this problem be continued their Please.

KAV Official Forum thread---> Questions about KIS MP1

Thanks,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.