KASPERSKY KIS6 outbound protection

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by the insider, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the insider

the insider Registered Member

Hi,

Can anybody help me out on this : I downloaded the "Shieldsup leaktest" and it passed the the Kasperksy firewall without any problem : no questions asked, no warnings, no nothing ....

Is there any feature I should enable in order to enhance the outbound protection of this magnificant security suite ?:'(

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I passed to using the firewall in XP and my router. Set antihacker to training mode and you will be very secure.

3. Mem

Mem Registered Member

Is everything checked in the Proactive Defense module for Application Activity Analyzer? Also, do you have the Application Integrity Control on? If so, IE (iexplore.exe) should be set to prompt to run IE as a child. AIC gives some problems in b303 for some so it was disabled by default on install.

These settings are improved in the MP1 that is coming out soon as compared to build 303.

4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

The default installation of KIS leaves the firewall on "Low security", so will allow all applications (not explicitly denied) internet access.
    Change the setting of the firewall to training mode (as mentioned by "trjam") so you will be prompted for applications internet access attempts (you should check the firewall settings, to check on what applications are already allowed internet access, and what rules they have)

Below is a pic of the default settings for the firewall in KIS:-

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.