Kaspersky (KAV/KIS) 2013 settings & tweaks thread

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by acr1965, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I updated, rebooted and still show b.

Attached Files:

• kis.jpg
      kis.jpg
      File size:
      82.4 KB
      Views:
  2. borimol

borimol Registered Member

Here still on patch B too.

3. riyad

riyad Registered Member

hi...i think u should check the version numbers as stated in the kaspersky labs beta section forum...i mean even after you update,reboot and don't see patch "c",i think you should b ok if your version number matches as stated in the kaspersky beta forum

"5. Check versions of next files:
    - advdis.ppl (must be 13.0.1.4210)
    - avp.exe (must be 13.0.1.4210)
    - avpgui.ppl (must be 13.0.1.4212)
    - avpmain.dll (must be 13.0.1.4210)
    - %WINDIR%\System32\drivers\klif.sys (must be 8.11.0.122)
    - %WINDIR%\System32\drivers\kltdi.sys (must be 1.2.0.6)
    - dtreg.ppl (must be 13.0.1.4210)
    - hips.ppl (must be 13.0.1.4210)
    - httpanlz.ppl (must be 13.0.1.4210)
    - klifpp.dll (must be 13.0.1.4210)
    - patch_c.exe (must be 13.0.0.3342)
    - w8toaster.dll (must be 13.0.1.4210) (only on Win:cool:
    - basegui.ppl (must be 13.0.1.4212)"

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

It is gradually released:

5. acr1965

Looks like I got the update to the c patch. FWIW - I had trouble installing Windows Updates last Patch Tuesday and came to find out that KIS was, at least, partially to blame. When I checked KIS after a failed update I saw several apps blocked, some of which were from the MS update. "Trusting" the apps did not seem to work so I had to disable KIS to get a clean update from MS. No notifications were issued by KIS despite the blocks. My settings include not to auto trust an app with a digital signature and to move all unknown apps to untrusted status. Win 7 Ultimate, 32 bit.

Attached Files:

6. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

wow im actually very impressed for the first time in a LONG time with kaspersky internet security. the only real noticeable slowdown is when programs is first opened while its figuring out what to do with them, other than that once it settles down after maybe 30min (after its first scan) its running way better than i thought. the last time i tested kis 2013 was in beta and it for sure did not run this smoothly. this is WAY better than 2012 was for sure. kis is not nearly as light as some others but man what a improvement over 2012. im thrilled they removed all the pop ups actually as most (90%+) of my clients HATED the pop ups of what to do with the previous kaspersky of the last few years. not to mention kaspersky has a really nice firewall to boot and its very configurable.

ill be doing more testing here during the next week. i am testing because i had a client who specified they wanted kis installed but they are concerned about impact on the system and i wanted to see what they would experience.

though mine has yet to update to the c version

7. riyad

riyad Registered Member

8. zfactor

how do we get these c and d updates?? the 2 systems i have this on are still on b and no matter how many times i try to update it says its up to dateo_O

and is there any way to speed up boot times? that seems to be the only area i really see a lot of slowdown is right after you get to your desktop it takes a bit for you to be able to start working with things while kis loads up.

9. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Based on both of those problems I suggest you remove KIS and reinstall it. Update C should have come a long time ago and I have never had KIS slow my boot noticeably, at least not like you described.

10. acr1965

I had the same issue, updating from the b patch. It took a while but eventually updated to c...I'm assuming Kaspersky is rolling it out, eventually to everyone although it may take a while. Maybe their forum has some ideas how to shorten the time for the patch to arrive but I have not checked there.

11. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

I got patch "d" yesterday. Everything smooth and good.

12. BoerenkoolMetWorst

I tried multiple times to register to the Kaspersky Club forum, with different emailadresses(hotmail and multiple throwaway's) but I never get the confirmation email, which is kind of annoying.

13. acr1965

Just a heads up - I have my KIS settings to move unknown programs to untrusted. Well I noticed that one such program categorized as "untrusted" was named 'patch'. I looked at the details and it was from Kaspersky as Patch D. So if your settings are similar to mine and you do not see patch D enabled/installed as of yet be sure and check the untrusted apps.

Attached Files:

14. xxJackxx

I tried and was never approved to post either. It doesn't appear to be open to the general public. Anyone can register but not many people actually get accpeted. Kinda like a real club. :doubt:

15. zfactor

i had a account there that i got a while back and when i went to post a question there the other day it said i was not registered so i tried to re-register and nothing no email or any confirmation i also before that tried to recover the password till it told me i was not registered under any of my emails.

oh well if they have to be like that i dont need to use the product anyway.. i hate forums like that.

16. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

FanClub forum doesn't send confirmation emails, you need to post in the "Validating" section with your selected user/pass to get manually approved by admin (spam prevention).

17. zfactor

but i was requesting my old info and it was gone for some reason its saying.

18. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

We hates Kaspersky.

Intermitently kept 'failing' to load activation key. The Kaspersky Support team never replied to my ticket - until this day.

The mods in the forum told me to 'click on the little red cross' to delete the key & reinsert it. Worked well until the big red K said i had exceeded the limit of activations.

So I have KIS 2013 paid up until 9/2013 uninstalled & useless. And still they don't reply.

We hates 'em, don't we precious.

19. riyad

riyad Registered Member

20. BoerenkoolMetWorst

Take note of this if you received patch E:

21. xxJackxx

Truly one thing Kaspersky does not do well. Licensing. They are more likely to blacklist your license than any other company and once it gets that way it will most likely stay that way. The product is reasonably good, I use it on and off, but every time I reinstall I wonder if the activation will be a problem. :doubt:

22. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I hates 'em. I consider the Kaspersky outfit as a band of robbers.

23. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

Also why turn off Web Scan? HTTP scanning is probably one of the most powerful things a good IS product can have! In my tests, Bullguard blocked almost 100% of the malicious websites, that's serious protection.

Also that activation stuff is nonsense.. Bullguard requires a login for each installation, but you can 'de-activate' any computers you want, refreshing the license for a new installation anytime you like. PandaCloudPro also does this. I simply do not tolerate activation based products anymore unless their police is VERY easy to refresh. I had a serious issue with HitmanPro always running out of activations despite me working within the license agreement. Terrible.

24. riyad

riyad Registered Member

i never had any problem with kaspersky products or their licensing policy and i have been using it for last 5 years...i think licensing problems can b resolved through their support channel....and i know that many people are facing problems because of their licensing policy so i think they will surely look into it and take steps to resolve it...i dont think any security software vendor will like to lose their customer base because of their faulty or "over cautious" licensing policy...well that's my two cents...maybe iam wrong

25. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

I agree 100%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.