Kaspersky is the best for me

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kiddie30, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiddie30

kiddie30 Registered Member

for me kaspersky is the best for me...bebcause of the benefits i get from it. it helps me control all that viruses that enters my computer

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

so what the point of this thread ? just your comment that you like kaspersky :D

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

hi kiddie,

welcome to the forum, glad you have found an antivirus that you like, as some people have trouble finding one they like, even though there is many choices, you should be safe and secure with kaspersky :)

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Yep, As CSJ said, welcome to a great forum with a lot of good information.:) And as he said, you found a good AV so stick with it and dont be like some, changing every hour.:rolleyes:

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

irony at its best:D
    btw how is prevx on its own?
    i know this way you do have a two way firewall
    lodore

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

7. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Oh boy! You mean KAV lets viruses enter your computer? :'(

Then all it does is help you control them? :(

Sounds like you need an AV that stops viruses getting onto your system and eradicates any that do. :p :D

8. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Glad you've found an AV you like, but I would also say try to make sure viruses don't enter your computer to start with. It's good you have the protection there in case, but prevention is better than cure.

9. btman

btman Registered Member

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

You see my point.:eek:

11. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

Those results are from Castlecops' Malware listerve; where people upload new malware constantly - full story HERE
    Panda and Fortinet score very high, nearly all the detections are heuristic 'suspicious file' detections.

The monthly results HERE are also interesting

Londonbeat

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

The problem I have is one, they are not updated hourly as the article suggests, and where the hell is F-Prot? How can you test like this and not include them. Maximus is getting stronger by the day, and to leave them out and include some of the crap they do, just says," Not Valid." :mad:

13. Londonbeat

It's not updated hourly because the samples aren't submitted hourly, sometimes ten samples are submitted in 10 mins, sometimes just ten per day...

F-prot is in the second link I posted (monthly), but several AV's (including F-prot) did not make it into the 'hourly' table as they didn't detect enough to make it into the top twenty.

It is not an AV test, it's just gathering statistical data - it never claimed to be a 'valid' test of antivirus software.

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

BS, there is no way that you can tell me F-Prots detection does not make the top 20. End of story.

15. Londonbeat

I only tell you what I read on castlecops and the articles I posted from Panda, Castlecops' MIRT is run by one of the Administrators of this forum! End of story.

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I was not reflecting that at you, but the crap that Castlecoppers posts, or allows. So please forgive me if I aimed that at you, because I know you dont deserve it. Castlecrap is busy with their 5 year giveaway, and from test results like this, giveaway is the key word. Again, Londonbeat, I know you and your posts and respect both.:)

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

And that is a problem, isnt it.:blink:

18. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Seeing as they spelt malware as maleware, I wonder if there is such a thing as femaleware? :D

19. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Well i would like to sound off on this thread with my satisfaction for Kaspersky in the form of their latest Internet Security Suite 6 which is finally put to rest my lengthy and laborous task of long trying to tie down an Anti-Virus that doesn't cause me nerve troubles like before. o_O

Dunno about most of you but i have had problems with one AV after another for the longest of time dating back to my old 98SE days. Back then i cycled back & forth from Avast4 and then Anti-Vir and back before finally settling on Grisoft AVG 6.

With XP Pro i turned immediately to AVG 7 and it worked issue free for quite sometime, then along came HIPS and so i took on the risk (Successfully i might add) of completely abandoning any AV save only On-Line scanners which always returned a clean screen for me.

Recently i decided to round out security on my most used unit by completing it's shielding with a good solid but light AV. Starting with Avast it was ok but something went amiss with it and so i turned to Anti-Vir by Avira, it was ok too but soon my PC developed some lag that puzzled me as much as disappointed me so i got interested in BitDefender and now that one really won over my attention. That was up untill i experienced lag again and right about boot up time especially. Maybe i was a bit too hastey in my decisions to easily change AV's over minor glitches of one sort or another, but now i realize that if i hadn't i wouldn't finally have met KIS6 and now enjoy not only it's myriad detection/preotections but also how very efficient it is within my system. I never known before KIS6 that any AV could sail along with this much ease and especially coming from a Suite?

That's my results and story and i'm sticking to it. LoL :thumb:

20. Seishin

Seishin Registered Member

Avast is the best for me!!!!

Who the hell cares, is not an AV what's gonna save your ass but a fully secured Windows (Linux, BSD or Apple even better).

21. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Totally agree!!!
    I've been testing all the suites around. KIS 6 is doing it for me right now.
    Very effective, very fast, great antivirus, great firewall.

The only suite that could come near KIS 6 will be a bug free ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7.:thumb:

22. madaro

madaro Guest

Nod32 has been the "best" all encompassing anti-threat solution for me.

23. divedog

divedog Registered Member

What he said x2. I had some trouble with kav5.0 I tried it on several puters, it slowed one down considerably and the other was bsod.

24. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

KAV 6 and KIS 6 are miles ahead of KAV 5.
    But as they say "to each his own" ;)

25. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Well it looks like the point is it drew a whole lot of discussion. :ninja: ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.