Kaspersky IS 7 a Dreadful Program Choice for Vista

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DVD+R, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Well I cant do with this god awful program. Scanning of files at startup and no physical way to stop it doing so :gack: Disabling startup object scan makes no slightest difference at all, Kaspersky still insists on scanning files at startup. I have Millions of files on my computer, and I'm Hell Fire going to wait 40 minutes for it to finish everytime I start my computer :mad: My Hard Drive runs like its running out of breath with Kaspersky installed, but I just uninstalled it, and My Hard Drive settled to a flicker withing 90 seconds. I even set the protection to minimal and fast scanning, but I need not have bothered, cause this crap program took no notice of that. I'm off now to find my online reciept and request a refund, Kaspersky has made their Programs equal to ZoneAlarm with their fiddling about in short Kaspersky & ZoneAlarm both = to bad programming. :thumbd:

ps. replys need not include advice on how to make Kaspersky work, cause I'm done with it......PERMANENTLY! :cautious:

2. btman

btman Registered Member

Glad to know that the problems won't be fixed because you CLEARLY haven't tried very long.

KIS7, running fine here. Always has, probably always will.

Edit: Just because others will want to know... What other programs do you have installed on your computer... And what other Anti-Viruses have you installed. Your really throwing out the best security you can get to this date because you won't spend a little time trying to fix it.

3. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

My big problem with KIS 7 was slow browsing with buffering scan on in the Web AV. Never could solve this problem other than turning the Web AV off, since streaming scan made certain video content not load.

4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Is that a fact? and you know this how exactly? are you a fly on my wall or something? Nah! didnt think so dude, cause I'd have swatted your ass if you were :D But joking apart, yes I have tried, I treid numerous things sugested to me, and like I said, my PC hates it and so do I

5. randomness

randomness Registered Member

Then why are you making this post? o_O Are you trying to convince other people that Kaspersky's products are completely flawed in some way? The people (including myself) who have no problems using these products know that it isn't true and the people who don't use it yet can simply download a trial version and see whether it works for them or not, without relying on someone's flawed subjective opinion :p

6. btman

btman Registered Member

Kaspersky being top notch protection is a fact.

I'd be the fly that doesn't die :) (Though rare do exist)

I just found someone hating this program so much weird... As all my problems with KIS 6 had been fixed right away... And.. Well I haven't had an issue with KIS 7 yet lol.

7. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Probably because he just wants to vent his frustrations without having his fun interrupted by someone telling him the (obvious) fact that the problem lies somewhere with him and his computer...

8. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

Why people are flaming DVD+R I really dont know. He is entitled to express his opinion on Kaspersky. If he dosent like Kaspersky, and it dosent work for him, ok, as a member of this forum, let him say so, without getting personal about his ability to run his computer!

Nice to see someone voicing an honest opinion, in this increasing Society of lapdogs and "Yes" men.

9. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Bugger Off random :D :p ;)

10. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I have an ingenius way of dealing with stubborn fles :cautious: I have a pet spider that is equally as stubborn :shifty:

11. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

I use KIS 7 on Vista, and I, too, have a large number of files. 60-90 seconds after booting, KIS is busy scanning files used by the operating system, but then, it settles down completely. No problems.

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

DVD+R is exactly right except for one thing, Kaspersky isnt alone. I think most suites suck with Vista, well except one now.;)

13. rollers

rollers Registered Member

I too use KIS 7. Other than the initial startup of around 1 minute, which I believe to be cause by the update running on mine, then it settles and runs very well. No problems to report here. Perhaps you have some form of conflict with some other program on your computer, after all, no two computers are the same.

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

In all fairness cant the startup scan be disabled.

15. tamdam

tamdam Registered Member

the startup scan can definitely be disabled, so its a surprise it doesn't work for the OP. As for the other posters, I think alot of the lag at startup is KIS updating, not scanning.

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Maybe it's just KAV scanning all the files that are being accessed by programs as they start up?

17. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

The lag at start up is well annoying for someone used to NOD32. I got the extended trial of KIS 7 and am running it on one of my snapshots and the only real bugbear for me is this lag.

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the actual startup scan that you schedule, I think there is a 2 minute delay before it starts.

19. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

+1... I have Startup scan disabled... KIS updater is what slows down my startups by a few seconds (depending on the size of the update)... other than that, no problems...

Everyone has their own opinions, everyone's PCs behave diffrently to diffrent AVs... I wouldnt quiet burn Kaspersky over it and say its a "god awful program"... it simply means it doesnt work with you and your PC... many people use it, sometimes it has issues, manytimes it doesnt... same with all AVs... users all have their own likes and dislikes, simply means you dont like it, it doesnt mean that the program's "awful".

To each their own I suppose!

Also, just for future refrence, nearly all AVs have TrialVersions and the reason why they're there is so users can try out the program prior to purchasing it... just to save the hassle of refunding it... simply delete it if you dont like the trial, no need to refund and waste your time and the sales department's time.

20. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

dawgg, nice balanced post...thanks for returning some sanity to this thread.:thumb:

21. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Right on! Half of these people are shills for the AV industry and Kaspersky in particular. Kaspersky did not work well on some of our computers, and AVG corrupted windows system files on one of our computers. Other AV programs work well including NOD32, Norton, and Avira.

So before these shills and hacks attempt to discredit any thought that some AV program may be problematic on some specific machine, get what their hidden agenda may be.

22. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Virtually any program, even your most beloved application, has the potential to create issues when used with some combinations of hardware and/or other software. That's always been true, and probably always will be. Some folks can't wrap their mind around that concept, but most can.

When that happens, it doesn't mean a specific application is a dreadful program choice in general, rather it could very well be a dreadful choice. There's not much one can do aside from using the trial versions available to all and stressing the system during that trial period. Even then, a few unfortunate choices are likely to creep through.

Blue

23. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Of course. I have owned three computer firms both hardware and software, and if anyone told us that all programs work well on any machine, we would question their rationality.

What bothers me in this forum is that any sacred cow piece of software that someone finds problematic and expresses that concept, is attacked hard. What's the problem? Of course you can try different AV programs, and a specific case of incompatibility is not a general statement or conclusion that the AV program in question is no good. It's no good for that machine-period.

But the ad hominem attacks need to stop. If some people here cannot accept the axiomatic principal that not all software plays well on all machines, they should grow up intellectually.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  24. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

o_O
    o_O Relax, dude....

25. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i have stopped complaining about programs that dont work on my pc.
    to start on that point im gonna try the f-secure 2008 beta to see if its improved in speed.
    every hardware/software combonation is different.
    lots of people have had no problems with kis7.0
    and im one of the people who had no problems with it.
    just read about all the people who have dumped vista because of its problems.
    how do we know it isnt a problem with vista and not kaspersky?
    or even a bad driver somewhere.
    the list goes on and on.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.