Kaspersky Internet Suite: A new approach

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Check this out. I started thinking of what I use and dont use in the suite.

I always sandbox my browser so web protection isnt needed. 64 bit and well proactive may or may not be a hit with it. In application control I set everything to untrusted.

So all I have installed is"
    Program kernel and scan tasks
    Application Control
    Network Attack
    Antibanner, just because it makes my IE8 faster
    that is it.

Application control and sandbox will just about keep everything, including fake AVs from even getting through as they will be listed as untrusted and then I can delete the process. The same goes for emails. I still have the ability to run full,quick and object scans as needed, but there isnt any constant scanning that isnt needed.

So far it is working great and talk about removing a load of bricks from your computer.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

forget this stupid idea. I have to spend the entire time going in and making legit process trusted.:thumbd:

Idle hands, well it comes down to Avast or Panda Cloud. 2 days will tell.;)

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Maybe too late but you could have allow KIS to recognise and allow the trusted app, according to its list, and then change the rule to untrusted for new apps

4. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

If you are going to have KIS automatically set unrecognized and/or unsigned things to Untrusted, you should run through your installed applications first, before setting it to doing this.

5. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

... or as already been mentioned, make Kaspersky prompt on startup of all new non-trusted applications allowing you to decide if you should make it trusted or block with the click of a button (suitable if you are the only computer user).

v2011 will have the ability of a virtualised environment, so if you want, all applications and changes to the computer can be sandboxed - so you can leave everything within the virtualised environment trusted or default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.