Kaspersky Internet Security FREE !! (with mail-in rebate)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hawki, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I hear you. I know my home machines are clean as well, but alas, the security nut in me ran scans and guess what. My computers are clean. :rolleyes:

In any event I tried to be proactive and chatted with them via their web chat. The guy was like oh where did you get this email from? Then I had to copy and paste headers and the email itself. Only to have him tell me that yeah that it our automated email. He then said did you follow the instructions. I'm like yeah, I did what I needed to do. He then tries to tell me that malware can hide itself. :rolleyes: So I'm like wow really?

I told him look, I work in IT for a living and I've done what I needed to do etc. Then he says, well, you can ignore the email. Talk about a big lol. I just wanted to keep it on record with them that I received it, acted upon it, and did not want my internet cut off etc. He claims that they would not do that but hmm, whatever.

I just thought it was strange as I've never got that before. Only thing added to the mix yesterday was a wireless printer and KIS 2012. Both of which they confirmed is not the issue.

/rant over.

Thanks for hearing me out guys.

EDIT: This is the email that I received.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.