kaspersky internet security combination

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sach1000rt, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sach1000rt

sach1000rt Registered Member

I am interested to know that which antispyware(with real time protection or od demand) programs works well along with KIS 6 or 7 and do not tale much memory.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

superantispyware would be your first port of call.
    link in my sig
    free version is just on demand.
    pro version has real time protection.
    lodore

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I have KIS6. And ime nothing else realtime is needed.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Actually it would be a second port of call. Counterspy 2.1 uses fewer resources and is cheaper to buy.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i thought counterspy used more resourses but that must of been version 1.
    edit just tryed counterspy 2.1 upstairs its really improved since version 1.
    but i would try prevx2.0 that has njust come out instead.
    http://www.prevx.com/
    lodore

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  6. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Cheaper doesn't always mean better :)

7. The Hammer

I noted no argument about resources though . ;)

8. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I didn't want to get into a long drawn out battle over this and have to prepare reports to prove my case - what you see in task manager is not the true story.....that's really not the way to measure actual resource usage.

9. The Hammer

And I don't have the expertise to refute your argument. However judging from how light Counterspy runs on my system I'm glad I bought it. :cool:

10. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I am not knocking the product, Counterspy is a fine product and a great addition to your system. I was just bringing to the readers attention that you have to be careful when you state "facts" that may not be facts, but rather opinion. :)

11. The Hammer

Readers will simply have to try themselves and judge. Because your understandably a little biased. ;)

12. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Did you not see this part "I am not knocking the product, Counterspy is a fine product and a great addition to your system"

13. The Hammer

I saw it and agree. I'm simply stating that readers should try it themselves as I own a Counterspy licence and you are the developer of another product and can't be expected to say a competing product might have some edge. Even if that edge is how it feels on a readers system. As I stated I don't have the ability to dissect any reports you might prepare concerning resourse usage so you've got me there.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  14. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I don't try to keep up with resource usage as long as whatever I am using does not slow my machine down.
    One exception was Counterspy. The earlier versions of CS used a lot of resources, although I did not notice any slowdown.
    However, I tested CS 2, and it did greatly reduce resource usage. I think it is one of the top AS, although I do not use it. If one does not have such an application, it is my opinion that CS 2 is among the best.

Regards,
    Jerry

15. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I could be wrong but I do not believe KIS protects against some browser hijacks or screenshot keyloggers. A free setup of Spyware Terminator (with HIPS and Clam av disabled) plus Snoopfree would help in this regard.

I noticed the other day when I installed AIM my homepage was changed but KIS did not issue any warnings. Also I believe there were some tests that showed KIS vulnerable to some Spycar tests involving browser exploits. But I cannot find them now.

16. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

I'm working with KIS 7 at the moment and use the great SuperAntispyware on demand. This is enough for me. KIS will do the job and twice a week I run SAS and this will get all the rest like cookies and stuff.
    When I'm under "attack" I will run SAS a bit more

17. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

I dont use any security products alongside KIS because its signatures and PDM are adequate forms of protection and I feel safe with them. I only use on-demand scanners which are SuperAntiSpyware and AVG-AS and i use them every few months... just encase something seeps through... hasn't happened so far though.

I havent experimented with other AS scanners, so will not say they work the best, but in my experience, they work fine for on-demand alongside KIS v6 and 7

18. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Counterspy is initially cheaper if you have no plans on renewing the subscription. SAS can be purchased with a lifetime subscription for $20-$30, depending on how you acquire the "special". :p

I've installed both programs on over 100 pc's and there is no doubt that SAS runs lighter and has the best support from any anti-spyware solution. Kudos to Nick and his crew. :thumb:

19. The Hammer

Different systems different results as I've said in the past. But I personally don't like "lifetime" licences for a variety of reasons. Try before you buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.