Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 (Anti Hacker Training Mode)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by DVD+R, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Wow! this is really doing my head in. I installed this yesterday, after testing many AV's my system became cloggy, and weirdness started, so I reformatted my Computer Completly, I managed mostly everything in the settings part, for AV namely block and delete instead of prompting etc.. All the AntiVirus Scanning is set at Recommended Mode, as it scans ALL files, and ALL Archives and ALL imbedded objects. right now to the Anti HAcker thing, I had to adjust a few iexplorer settings as popup promts from every single port were driving me crazy, like I was in Yahoo chat, and everytime I clicked on a profile, up came the prompt to block or alow, untill i set iexplorer to Allow and not prompt. then I installed the Yahoo Helper YTunnel Pro and that wouldnt allow Yahoo Messenger to connect untill I set it to Allow any TCP and Allow Any UDP Activities, before I had like 3 million popups asking me to alow every single port, and theres over 56 thousand ports If I recall rightly :blink: I tested this Suite against pcflank leak test, and of course it said it failed, yet It prompted me to block the popup browser, and it did. Then I ran it against PCAudit, and it passed that easily. I think PCAudit is one of the toughest leaktests to pass, disregarding pcflank that is.. So has anyone else any further recommendations on how to increase security with this Russian Masterpiece, or is it Secure enough as it is ?

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

With some programs like the ones you mention plus P2P you have to use the "Any activity" in the popup because of the huge number of connections, or you can get someone to make you specific rules for these. Yes it is a safe FW/AV combo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.