Kaspersky flags Zoom Player

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Kaspersky flags Zoom Player (reading ID data)??

I installed Kaspersky IS yesterday and launched Zoom Player today. KIS popped up a warning, see the pic. Could there be a legitimate reason why Zoom is trying to read my live messenger info? Or is it looking for contact info to spam people with? I have no idea.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  2. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

False Positive...o_O

3. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

After a quick search-around I found this:

Code:
    http://www.msgplus.net/Contributors/Skin-Documentation/Willz-1-An-introduction-to-skinning
    I doubt the file ZP is trying to read contains any of your contact info (shouldn't those be stored on MS' server?).

Just guessing but maybe ZP uses some info from msgslang to make its own skin / labels / command? But if that's the case what would happen if the user doesn't have WLM installed? Hmmm.....

4. superssjdan

superssjdan Registered Member

could be several reasons why.It's not a detection.Apparently in kaspersky's cloud,it is not an overly popular item,so at first it places it in low restricted.IN low restricted it will prompt you for certain types of behaviors by a program there.I do not think it is anything to worry about.Sometimes a lack of a digital signature will trigger a similar prompt.You may want to post over in the Kaspersky forum kaspersky forum
    When posting there i always advise posting a GSI as part of your post.INtructions on how to do so are here http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=915

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.