Kaspersky C Patch Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by berryracer, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

It is done automatically through automatic updates

just restart your computer after you update

Attached Files:

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

So how is it running for you? Any good? I'm considering a switch back if it is.

-Nevermind, I just took a peek over at their forums and it looks like their is an outbreak of licensing/activation issues. I'm not prepared to fight with it.

3. berryracer

I didn't have any problems with activation. But once I saw that even Patch C did not fix the Firefox add-ons. I uninstalled it and decided to give Bitdefender IS another try. If this doesn't go well over the next few days, Ill switch back to KAV and Chrome instead of Firefox as the extensions always work in Chrome no matter what update you're on

4. xxJackxx

Too bad when Firefox decided they wanted to copy Chrome's update schedule they didn't copy the extension support as well. :(

I think I'll wait a couple of days too see how this update goes before I consider switching anything. :ninja:

5. berryracer

Just create an image of our HDD then try it out bro

Don't forget to use the latest version of AppRemover to uninstall your previous AV as it will remove all traces :)

6. xxJackxx

I decided to give it a go so I could use the Anti-Banner on IE. So far no problems. :thumb:

7. berryracer

Yeah the Anti-Banner is a great feature and one of the very few that is able to block ads in IE

How are you liking the lightness of KAV as opposed to KIS if you've ever tried the latter in the past?

8. xxJackxx

I haven't used KAV since version 5. KIS 2013 is light enough for me. The only time it makes me wait is when installing new software. There I have 2 options. I can let it run and be grateful for the extra protection or I can disable it and not wait. But since I do not install new software that frequently, I just live with it. I don't find it slows me down otherwise. At this point my biggest gripe is their customer service skills, but I can only beat that horse so many times. The product itself is fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.