Kaspersky back on track

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mack_guy911, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I'm going to call 11.0.2.556(a.b) decent enough to use. I reinstalled it several days ago and haven't had a single issue with it. I was not pleased with any of the prior 2011 builds. As for slow scans, that only happens the first time. A critical areas scan for me takes 105 seconds with 200GB of data on the drive. A full scan takes only a few minutes. Let it finish once and it will be much faster.

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

I had a look and was quite pleased, however when i looked in action center it said that each time i turned the pc off it was shut down unexpectedly? I didn't bother to look very hard as every time i install it i get some random problems.
    The critical error logs stopped when i removed it.

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Unexpected shutdowns warning in Action Center (reliability history) has nothing to do with Kaspersky. It is Windows 7 own feature to track its uses via different parameters. If it finds something unexpected (logarithm feature) it record it as unexpected shutdown. Remember, it is not an error.

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

If it only happens when KIS is installed it would have to be some kind of conflict with something else. I cannot duplicate it and have never had that problem.

5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

I have seen unexpected shutdown error on numerous installations running security software other than Kaspersky.

6. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Yeah, but Kaspersky do make that happen. I have observed it on several computers over several OS:s, and only with KIS installed does it happen with any frequency.

7. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

To avoid this kind of issues just keep on healt the system (Windows), the hardware (drivers updated in general and harddisk health) and not install other posible incompatible (with K.) security applications.

No issues at all here in W7 x64 and KIS2011 11.0.2.556ab.

Regards.

8. stratoc

stratoc Guest

well, it has never been logged before or since i removed KIS, 6 errors one for each day it was installed (and turned off). no other real time security motherboard, sound card, video cards and bios all up to date.

9. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

I'm not sure, but I believe it can be related to KIS staying on as the very last process to be shut down, thus messing up the log-off event logging in some way. Without actually causing any problems.

10. stratoc

stratoc Guest

yes, it didnt seem to prolong or effect the shutdown it was just a log file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.