Kaspersky AV compatible/recommended anti-spyware program?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by randomjester, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomjester

randomjester Registered Member

I run the latest version/release of Kaspersky Anti-Virus (2009 v8.0.0.506). I also want to run a 'standalone' anti-spyware/malware program. I definitely want a robust software for active, real-time protection. I want an AS that stops spyware/malware in its tracts. I know Kaspersky has compatibility issues/problems with a lot of other security software.
    Can anyone please recommended a anti-spyware/malware program that performs and functions flawlessly without any issues or problems?
    Maybe anyone else who also runs Kaspersky AV could post with feedback on anti-spyware/malware programs that work without issue.
    I have encountered Kaspersky compatibility issues with AS before. Those issues would always cause the AS to stop functioning, usually disabling the AS active, real-time protection. Even if I disabled the 'Anti-Malware' protection in Kaspersky the AS would still have the same issues.
    Thanks in advance for any advice or recommendations.

2. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I think SuperAntispyware. I used it with KIS 7 for an year without problems. Check, but I believe that it's also suggested in Kaspersky forum when someone asks for your question.

3. Tony

Tony Registered Member

If you ask on the Kaspersky forum, Superantispyware will most probably be the choice.

4. playa4life

playa4life Registered Member

Spyware Doctor By Far.. Detection is way better than superantispyware

5. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

"way better"? It is better, but there's not much difference...
    Anyway Spyware Doctor is not compatible with Kaspersky:
    http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279750

6. TrojanHunter

TrojanHunter Registered Member

I'm using Spysweeper 5.8, which works flawless with Kaspersky....I haven't tested 6.0 though. I wouldn't of bothered running spyweeper normally, but it came free with a magazine and I thought what the hell I'll run it.
    Kaspersky offers allot of real time protection by itself, so my advice would be to run free on-demand anti-spyware applications every so often.

7. Montecristo

Montecristo Registered Member

SuperAntispyware works fine with KAV

8. Astech

Astech Registered Member

I'm using KAV with no extra programs in real-time, but I used SAS before and it works OK:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.