Kaspersky attempted intrusion on my PC

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Stephen2_Aus, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen2_Aus

Stephen2_Aus Registered Member

At 4:48PM Australian EST, I posted something on the Kaspersky support forums relating to the trial version of KAV 6.0 and my firewall, as I was having issues/questions regarding the setup.

Original post is:
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=32306

Shortly after making the above post at 5:11:06PM, Australian EST, I had ports 3248 and 3252 scanned by IP address 81.176.69.111

This resolves to forum.kaspersky-labs.com

Further, at 5:32:24PM, Australian EST, I received a ping request from IP address 81.176.69.111, being the same address mentioned above.

I cannot think how these actions are anything but an attempt to intrude upon my personal computing and request an explanation.

I thought this worthy of note to my favourite security forum, I hope it is not against posting rules. I suppose the only proof I have is an Outpost 4.0 log, which I can share if requested?

This is just incredible to me... What do you all think of this?

2. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Well,as you ask what people think I would say this.It seems a bit odd that this was your first post at both sites.I will watch for their answer to your post at Kaspersky with great insterest.

3. Stephen2_Aus

Stephen2_Aus Registered Member

Understand what you're saying.. I do have another account on Wilders: Stephen2 but couldn't remember the password & registered from work. Am on leave now so couldn't retrieve it.

I'm curious what they say too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.