Kaspersky as On-demand Scanner on Vista

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by uc-icq, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uc-icq

uc-icq Registered Member

I'm running 32 bit Vista Home Premium on my machine and I have NOD32 v2.7.23 as my virus scanner. Having heard a lot of good things about Kaspersky I decided to give it a shot as an on-demand/backup scanner and see how it performs on my computer. Soon I found that the latest kaspersky v6.0.2.614, which is officially Vista ready, refused to install unless I get NOD32 uninstalled first. I don't wanna do this, I still have about six months subscription left for this excellent AV and wanna keep it as my primary realtime scanner that's all.

Any suggestions that I can have KAV/KIS installed without uninstalling NOD32 first? Thanks in advance

2. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Why don't you try the Kaspersky online scanner? Much less hassle and chance of problems between the program components (drivers etc.)

Go to www.kaspersky.com, click under resources on free virus scan and follow the instructions:)

3. uc-icq

uc-icq Registered Member

Thanks, is that Vista compatible?
    Also, I'd like to know if Kaspersky offers any kind of special price policy for users running it as on-demand scanner only

4. SSK

SSK Registered Member

I have no clue if it is Vista capable, I guess so, because it is based on activex.

No, if you want the real program installed, you pay for a normal license.

I would strongly advise AGAINST installing both NOD32 and Kaspersky AV (or any other combination of AV software) at the same time. That's why I gave the link to the free scanner. Reading your reply, I'm not sure that you checked the link I gave you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.