Kaspersky Antivirus problem/question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by MAL, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAL

MAL Registered Member

I installed kav 5.0.121, and anyways for some odd reason i decided to set a password on the settings... I entered the password correctly changed some more settings and rebooted, after returning i noticed that when i tried to open the kav control panel it would ask for my password. I typed it in but it says its invalid... I also tried around 10 other combinations with no success, I reinstalled kav, deleted all the files in the folder, checked in the registry a bit... but still the password sticks and I haven't been able to remove it... I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem or knows the answer to my troubles... I also used install shield and tried to see if I was missing something in the registry that it was doing while installing but even then I found nothing.. I'm guessing it would have to be something in the registry just dont know what... someone help me PLEASE! lol

Thanks alot,
    Marc.

2. MAL

MAL Registered Member

or if anyone has a tool that would remove ALL traces of kav off my computer... that would work great.

3. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Try Jv16 powertools you can use that to search registry for enteries for kav or try contacting kaspersky I'm sure they would know what to do!

4. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

Kaspersky 5.0 also saves data in the following folders (I have only the German name):
    Dokumente und Einstellungen/All Users/Abwendungsdaten/Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal

The Password is possibly stored there.

5. MAL

MAL Registered Member

i deleted that folder in application data... english conversion. lol i'll give that a try thanks.

6. MAL

MAL Registered Member

Thanks Optimist :D it was stored in that folder :)
    I appreciate your help and fast response lol

Thank You Very Much. :)

7. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

I am pleased that I could help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.