Kaspersky AntiVirus Personal PRO question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by NewPerson05, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewPerson05

NewPerson05 Guest

Hi,

I have emailed Kaspersky and posted on their forums, but I'm not really getting any replies so I though't i'd post on here incase someone knows.

Basically I might buy Kaspersky AntiVirus Personal Pro, which now includes 2 licenses. What I wanted to know was whether I would be able to use both licenses on *one* computer, using the 2nd license when the first one expires so I would have one computer receiving updates for 2 years, rather than using a license on 2 computers and having 2 computers both protected for one year.

If anyone knows, and could help me out here i'd be very grateful;

Thanks

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi NewPerson05, As far as I know the key holds the expiry date from the time of purchase so yours will be running concurrently from their original purchase date.

HTH Pilli

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

If it is like my multilicense to KAV WS, and I assume it is, it is precisely as Pilli describes. It's one license period for two machines, not two distinct license keys.

Blue

4. NewPerson05

NewPerson05 Guest

Hi Pilli,

Thank you for the prompt reply;

If that's the case I'll probably just go with the Personal version rather than the Personal Pro, as it's about half the price.

What exactly are the differences with the 2 versions, and also - Im aware that KAV 6 is in BETA and will be out soon, If I purchased v5 and then v6 was released before my key had expired, would my key work with the new v6 release?

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

The main differences are;

*KAV Pro has an Office guard, which gives additional heuristic checking on Offices macros and supports a wider range of email clients. It is also slightly more customizable in options.

*KAV Personal has a Command line scanner and an IDS network protection module. But this is not needed if you have a software firewall installed.
    Yes, as long as it was within the license period.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  6. NewUser05

NewUser05 Guest

Thank you all for the replies.

I don't know as I'd utilise the features of the pro version really, I don't use Macros etc.

Obvisously packages like Kaspersky and NOD32 are considerably better than Norton & McAfee - but how does Kaspersky stack up against NOD32?

7. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

will the new pro version work with the x bases?

/edit: it seems that it does support the extended and the "super secure" bases as well...

sounds good

8. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

KIS 6 is in prototype (i.e. basically pre alpha), not beta. I would not expect to see the commercial release for some time. The letter part of 2005 would be my guess at this point.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.