Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0.0.303 (Comments)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by marcromero, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I have been trying several different antivirus products over the last several months. I tried KAV 5.0.527 prior to KAV beta 6, then Nod32 2.5, the F-prot beta program and finally Dr.Web 4.33. Of all these programs, I liked Dr.Web the best.

I must admit, I never really liked Kaspersky products, until out of curiosity, I decided to try KAV 6. I must say, I stand in awe of this program, it is unlike any previous version of Kaspersky I have ever tried over the years. I still cannot believe how easily it installed, updated and scanned my system. Of all the previous antivirus programs I have tried, this one has the absolutely lowest impact on my system that I have ever seen from an antivirus. It's amazing how light it feels.

I must give credit, where credit is due. Kaspersky has done a spectacular job with KAV 6 and I commend them for a job well done. There is alot to be said for Russian programmers, two of the best antivirus products out there are Russian, with Kaspersky definitely at the forefront.

Marc

2. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

Agree with you, it is amazing how it has improved. :thumb: :thumb:

3. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I had to turn off monitoring port 80 in network settings, but other than that, it's not too bad. I have to see if my internet goes out again this time, though. It's a better Russian product than Outpost, which STILL gives me BSODs - even with newest version.

4. btman

btman Registered Member

And a new version is due out soon which shall have many more improvements.

5. fred128

fred128 Registered Member

I've read that ZA Internet Security Suite is going to use KAV as its antivirus. It's currently in beta version. I think this will make ZA a much stronger product.

6. Rob E

Rob E Registered Member

Hmmm... just curious; With all of the nice things you had to say about KAV6, what is it about Dr. Web, that makes it your preference? Also (just so you understand that I am sincerely curious)... I've no experience with Dr. Web. Never used it. And, FWIW I think NOD32's always been great! KAV5 wasn't a pleasant experience for me, and KAV6 - I can only agree with everything you've mentioned as I've run a lot of the beta builds. So... what is it about Dr. Web?

Regards,
    Rob

7. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Don't get me wrong, Dr.Web is an outstanding product and I like it very much, I'm a registered user, like you, KAV 5.0 was not a pleasant experience for me either, but since trying KAV 6, I have been blown away by the improvements over previous versions. Over Dr.Web it is even lighter on my system and scanning speed is much, much faster. I also like the GUI better and the detailed informaton/reports feature alot, I'm still evaluating it's features and settings, but it sure seems light years ahead of Dr.Web in some areas/functions. Both of them update flawlessly, although Kav seems to slow down my dialup connection speed.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

marcromero, kav with scan new and changed files is alot faster than drweb at scanning. drweb scanning is ment to be really slow...
    lodore

9. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

You are right.
    The new version will be available tomorrow.:D

10. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Well, I've tried KAV 6 for a couple of days. It has improved very much over previous versions, and yes, it does have a faster scanner than Dr.Web, but I still prefer Dr.Web antivirus for it's simplicity and ease of use, it just works for me...

Marc

11. tec505

tec505 Registered Member

Me too.
    I'm trying KIS 6.0 at this moment. It's amazing me: light, stable, very nice GUI, very settable product, fast scan.

Nice, very nice.
    Why I haven't tried it before? I think is very powerful.

Mike

12. lodore

lodore Registered Member

im buy kis6.0 very very soon and before xmas.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.