Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal v5.0.227 Released!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tLaB, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tLaB

tLaB Guest

Hello,

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal v5.0.227 Released!

iStreams can now be disabled during install!

tLaB

2. larouse

larouse Registered Member

Hi,

Sorry but I am not expert:

How is Isteams, think that is one function, but the Function is ?

Thank you,

3. Diver

Diver Guest

Istreams uses a NTFS feature allowing additional data streams to be attached to files on xp and w2k. Some people don't like it because it interfears with one of the trojan scanners and causes fragmentation of a little used system restore file on XP.

The advantage is it speeds up scanning considerably, especially after the application has been installed for about 2 weeks.

4. magoood

magoood Registered Member

Is that all ? - i mean: is this the only change ? if not, then can u plz throw some light on what have been changed/added ?
    THX :)

5. yeuxbleus

yeuxbleus Registered Member

From their website:

Enhancements:

1. A module for detecting and blocking network attacks has been added

2. Missed updates are now launched at application startup

3. Possibility to configure proxy server parameters has been added

4. Information about the real-time protection status is updated more frequently

5. By default, archive passwords are not requested

6. Computer can be automatically shut down after the scan is complete

7. The IChecker and IStream technologies can be disabled during application installation

8. The sound played when a pop-up window appears can now be switched off

9. Both incoming and outgoing mail is now scanned at the recommended protection level

10. A backup storage for original objects has been added

11. Possibility to customise links to license key purchasing and renewal has been added

Hope this helps

6. magoood

magoood Registered Member

Do u have any idea if they solved this irritating thing i described in this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=51942
    Sorry - i wish i could be able 2 try myself without bothering others - but i am on dial-up :mad: to d/l a 10 MB file which is not worth fownloading if the issue that bothers me has not been solved yet. THANKS

7. infini

infini Registered Member

This version runs slower than the previous (5.0.156). I noticed that when using windows explorer. It takes more time for the contents of the directories to appear

8. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

There must be some kind of conflict, because on my computer it's noticely faster than .156 both real-time and on-demand. :)

9. infini

infini Registered Member

The strange is that the slowdown of opening the folders only happens the first time i open them. After the first time, even i shutdown the computer exploring the folder is as fast as it should be

10. larouse

larouse Registered Member

In your experince thie new release is more fast that V4.5 Pro ?

Thank you,

11. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I don't use Pro and it's been a month or so since i last used personal 4.5 (104), but at that time i thought 4.5 and 5.0 was pretty equal in terms of speed with 5.0 probably a little faster, the big difference for me is that i don't have to exclude and tweake the settings in 5.0 to get speed (real-time) it's just there. The on-demand scanner in v5.0.227 is considrably faster, down to around 7-8 minutes for a full scan (72000 files) so yes, i would say that 5.0 is faster on my system. :)

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

The new release of KAV 5 seems to be running good for me with the exception of this problem... Anyone else having this problem too?

link

13. ,.-

,.- Guest

I would like to try the new Personal edition. However, I have already installed the KAV Pers Pro 5 edition. I cannot uninstall it since the uninstaller always crashes. I have also tried to manually remove KAV Pers Pro 5 but to no avail: the new KAV Personal edition still asks me to uninstall the Pro version prior to the installation of the new version.

Now I have installed the Pro version again although I am not entirely happy with it. Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

14. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

If a repeat of the install/uninstall cycle will not work, try this free program to monitor the install of KAV Pro again;

Total Uninstall; http://www.martau.com/ then I would use a good registry cleaner ( Regcleaner/RegSupreme ) to ensure you have removed all of the debris of the Pro version before you try the Personal Edition.

Good Luck.

15. Bdiamond

Bdiamond Registered Member

I ran into the problem with Sygate and could never get it to work. The system was completely disconnected from the internet with an error statement "unable to locate IP address".After removing Sygate and reinstalling 5.0.227 everything worked fine and it now runs very well with the Kaspersky Firewall. I havent tried it with any other FW with it.

16. Herbert

Herbert Guest

I have the same problem. I found a compromise (not really a "work-around"): install KAV 5.0.227 not with default setting, but without network protection. Then one of the new features of KAV is disabled and KAV complains "Real-time protection is not entirely enabled." but at least KAV works together with Sygate Personal Firewall.

I had a friendly discussion with a support engineer from Kaspersky Lab to nail down the problem and actually they are investigating this issue. Hope to hear from them soon.

17. Visiting

Visiting Guest

The ability to disable the I streams function during program installation should be labeled a lot clearer than it is.

There is a box that you can check that has something next to it that says basically "run program with recommended settings"..............how is anyone supposed to know that this is the damn option to turn off the freaking I streams crapo_O??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.