kaspersky anti-hacker - my experiences so far

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by tahoma, Dec 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizard

wizard Registered Member

Why? 'Stealth' is nothing but marketing hype. It does not bring any additional security (or value). o_O

wizard

2. wizard

wizard Registered Member

So why is this driver not officially published by Kaspersky? And where did you get this file from. If you want to share this file please provide a reliable download source for it, e.g. the path of the Kaspersky ftp-server.

wizard

3. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

mmmmm a little sus there GeN :rolleyes: No one we have asked at KL seems to know much about it . although we know its soon to be released

4. GeN

GeN Guest

Well ... I have some kind of connection with KAH driver developer. I know almost everything about it.
    As to me, I'm using new driver already... And I dont have any problems discussed in this forum any more. :cool:

Heh... Anyway as far as I understood, you're not interested. Then wait for 1.5 version. I guess it'll be released in couple of weeks.

5. solarpowered candle

cool. i will just keep sitting on the porch without no shoes picking the base singing the blues :cool:

6. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

And that is and (alwayso_O) will be the Kasperky problem:

very good programs, but they are all memory hogs...

7. GeN

GeN Guest

You're not right here ...
    At my PC KAH uses 3980K of memory ...

(ICQ - 13432K ...)
    So I dont think KAH eats too much memory ...

8. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

So Gen, considering Kaspersky have no word about this 'new driver' from several sources, how did you manage to come by it?
    You say you have connections with programmers?
    If you would be so kind as to mail me this 'driver' I'd be keen to have a look at it

9. GeN

GeN Guest

yes ... I could send It to you...
    write me email to gengen#mail.ru (#->@) and I'll give you the driver ...
    or tell me your email ...

10. GeN

GeN Guest

It seems to me that couple of weeks was too optimistic ...
    Officials says KAH 1.5 is to be released in June ... But I can inform you, that KAH 1.5 is in BUG-fix stage now ...
    sorry for misinformation :rolleyes:

11. controler

controler Guest

I tried KAV's Beta firewall along time ago, when they had it posted on their site. Then they closed the Beta and released the firewall.
    Are you saying there is still a beta out there or that they shouldn't have released their beta so soon?

con

12. solarpowered candle

As appearances go they stopped the Beta and started selling the 1.0 version which had lots of small problems. I remember Igor from KL saying at the kav ice forum sometime ago that there will be a release again of another beta version of KAH sometime before the next version and this maybe be around the time of the KAV 5.0 Beta anti virus release. Whether they do this or not remains to be seen . But it was not a cool move really to release and sell a firewall that was not what it should be and is really in beta mode as they did . Maybe they needed funds for research lol. Maybe thats why they want to run the internet liscencing department . :)

13. GeN

GeN Guest

I mean, that 1.5 version is it be released in June. There is no beta-version any more.
    1.5 version has several additinoal features and fixed bugs. But everything should be tested carefully. You dont want unstable product, do you ? :)

by the way, you may suggest something to be included in 2.0 version ... and it could really be included. it's not a joke ! :cool:

14. FireDancer

FireDancer Registered Member

Hi Root and everyone else

There are some great firewalls and some not so great firewalls out there and I am definatley not a pro in the area but I belive if a person takes time to investigate and make a informed desicion about software such as whats good and whats not before just installing it, and running it, then it comes to the question of, is that person useing the software right ? (controling the firewall and making rules)

Isnt a fire wall only as good as the rules that are written for it by the user?

I use Kerio 2.1.5 and pass all stealth test at www.pcflank.com

Regards,
    FireDancer

15. GeN

GeN Guest

KAH Beta-verision is updated at Kaspersky ftp-server ...
    you may download it and test a little ... :)

16. Lisa

Lisa AV Expert

Hi,
    Just to clarify, KAH version 1.5 is in beta at the moment tests are ok on Win 2000/XP still issues on Win98.

It is due for release 25th of September.

Regards

Lisa
    KL UK

17. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Thanks for the update, Lisa ;)

regards.

paul

18. Lisa

Lisa AV Expert

You're welcome Paul :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.