Kaspersky and Agnitum Outpost - Port Monitoring

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by subferno, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subferno

subferno Registered Member

I have Kaspersky AV 2014 and Agnitum Outpost Firewall 9 installed.

Looking at Task Manager, avp.exe (Kaspersky) is consuming a lot of connections (300+). I don't know if this is normal or not but I don't understand why my internet usage is proxying through KAV. I have disabled web monitoring in KAV, the only thing active is File AV.

I am assuming its the port monitoring feature in KAV. If that assumption is correct, is it doing double duty with Aginitum Outpost? Could I disable port monitoring in KAV?

2. thanhtai2009

thanhtai2009 Registered Member

Open KAV's Settings > go to Network settings and choose ports you want to be monitored by KAV (you can remove all ports)

3. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

Your traffic goes through Kaspersky's proxy because the program does its scanning on this level.

If you disable port monitoring on HTTP 80 for example, you have disabled Web-Anti-Virus for standard web connections as well. Malicious websites won't be blocked for example. Same goes for Mail-Anti-Virus and the associated IMAP and POP3 ports (Mail-AV isn't important though, because the File-Anti-Virus does its job anyway...). File-Anti-Virus is not affected by these settings.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  4. kronckew

kronckew Registered Member

one of the web monitoring conflicts with kav is this proxy business. kav forces everything to access the web thru itself, thus your application settings in outopost for web control do noit function as it only sees kav traffic acting as a container fort the other apps, rendering any settings for apps other than kav useless, and only web control settings for kav app itself work.

having OP scan web traffic as well as KAV scanning the same traffic can result in conflicts and slowdowns. one or the other ususally needs to get their web filtering disabled.

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

One solution perhaps is too pair another av with outpost or use the complete outpost or kaspersky suites.

I recall avast has a similar issue with some firewalls.

6. vlk

vlk AV Expert

Not anymore in version 2014 (at least on Windows Vista, 7 and :cool:.

Vlk

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  7. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

I did get KAspersky IS working with agnitum myself.

There is an article on kasperskys website about disabling kasperskys ndis? driver in network connections?

I did this and no problems with KIS after that apart from its a bit heavy.
    Switched to eset av now

8. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

If I already had KIS, I wouldn't run something like Outpost with it. There is so much overlap. The last thing I would do is to disable the Kaspersky driver in network connections just to make two programs work together, which clearly are not designed to work in tandem. Especially if you are not 100% sure of how this exactly effects Kaspersky's operation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.