Kaspersky 7 on 6/20?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Crappopotamus, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

I know a ways back there was a hint somewhere on here about 6/20 being the possible release date for K7.. Anything new that I've missed?

Getting a bit weary of my systweak key not working for the last 4 days and hoping the release is imminent..

thanks

2. danieleb

danieleb Registered Member

Thought I read something about 07 07 07 on their forum yesterday... but no one knows for sure.

3. Crappopotamus

if that's the case then I'll have to install something else until I see if the systweak key issue is fixed; I've been getting 'protection disabled' and 'update failed due to no key' for several days.

thanks

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

The perfect opportunity to trial various Av's NOD , F-Prot, Avira, etc. :cool:

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

The only fix is you contacting support when you see 7.0 is out to get a replacement key/code.

You do have the 30 day trial option when you install 7.0, so you don't haver to install all sorts of inferior AV's like the ones Hammer suggest (the last part was just for my friend, The Hammer) ............;) :D

6. Crappopotamus

understood. I installed one of the RC of the KIS7 and now it has run out. None of the beta keys I've tried will re-enable it.. So until 7 is out I can't contact them..

:(

7. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

The only thing about that is it's a Saturday, and I'm not sure the marketing department would herald a new product version on a non-business day. ;)

8. Don Pelotas

I'm sure it won't be long Crappopotamus, it's already out in some places like France for example. :)

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Don. You were just afraid one was going to get away!;):D :p

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  10. Don Pelotas

Ooouch....hmmm..........i'll have to think of a sharp & witty remark, at my age it may take me a few days, but i'll shall be back.................;) :D

11. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

lol Don, your not that senile. That only starts at 65.

12. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Off topic, but watch your mouth about 65, etc.:D :D
    Jerry

13. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

You're generalizing there....:)

Anyone can get senile at any age, it doesn't always need to happen at the age of 25 or 65 or something in between ;)

Anyway, back on topic, If Kaspersky chooses 07/07/07 as the release date then it would be darn interesting....."God's gift of security to mankind" :D

14. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

no, i'm not generalizing, i was replying to Don, he is to "young" to be senile/
    oh yes, it seems to be 7.07.07 at 7 pm

15. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

You might as well ask why didn't they release version 6 on 06/06/06 at 6pm or did that clash with 'The Omen'? :D

16. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

17. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Kaspersky France already have KAV/KIS v7 for sale. The press release is dated 19 June - perhaps this is the closest to June 20 referenced here.

http://www.kaspersky.com/fr

18. pykko

pykko Registered Member

hmm... perhaps the france market is a top-priority one.. I hope they'll release international version (english) soon.

19. SpookyET

SpookyET Guest

20. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

The main difference between that and the original technical release is the klif.sys vulnerability reported here has had some fixes.

21. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Not quite there it appears, but here's the changes:

Improvements:

1. Error that caused application crash when scanning startup objects with corrupted registry has been fixed.

2. «KLV07-07.Klif.sys calling NtOpenProcess vulnerability» has been fixed.

Known Issues:

1. Under certain conditions issues may arise in the course of web site content analysis with the heuristic analyzer included with Parental Control.

2. Under certain conditions advanced mode disinfection may leave registry links to deleted infected files.

3. Under certain circumstances the Microsoft Office Outlook preview window does not change the subject line when a message is opened and discovered to contain spam.

4. In certain cases, there might be issues loading web-pages located on servers which are not fully HTTP RFC compliant .

5. Under Microsoft Windows Vista the installation program may freeze if there is an established VPN connection. To resolve the issue, we recommend that the VPN connection be broken prior to application install.

6. With SSL scans enabled, there might be issues communicating with certain sites which require verifiation of a client certificate. To resolve the issue it is recommended that encrypted traffic from certain necessary applications be added to the exclusions.

7. When updating Microsoft Windows XP to Microsoft Windows Vista, the application has to be removed prior to the start of the update procedure and reinstalled following the update.

8. When updating to a higher version of Microsoft Windows Vista (for example, from Home Basic to Ultimate), the application restore procedure must be performed.

9. Writing the rescue disk to a DVD is not supported.

10. There are compatibility problems with HTTP tunneling. Temporarily disable Web Anti-Virus to resolve.

22. SpookyET

SpookyET Guest

You are wrong. That's the difference between build 7.0.0.119 and 7.0.0.123. I was referring to the difference between kis7.0.0.123.eng.exe, which is the name of the latest tech release file and the kis.7.0.0.123en.exe, which will be the final product like kis7.0.0.123fr.exe or kis7.0.0.123de.exe, which can be found on the French and German web sites.

The release notes for that tech release clearly say that what you have mentioned has been fixed.

23. Crappopotamus

systweak key working on the 123 release by any chance?

24. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have not yet tried it. I wanted to go through the trial to insure KIS7 would be compatible. So far so good. A couple of hang glitches, but it seems to have smoothed out.

Best,
    Jerry

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I tried the French version with the Systweak key. No go. I think everyone is screwed. But I could be wrong. Doesnt matter anymore anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.