Kaspersky 6????

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ChrisP, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

Hi, I am currently running F-Secure 5.44 Anti Virus. I know this is good at detecting trojans etc, but I also know it wont detect modified trojans, so I also run Trojanhunter and AVG Anti Spyware to cover this. I understand Kaspersky has some extended scanning capability to detect non viral malware. Can it detect modified / recompiled trojans in the same way Trojanhunter and AVG 7.5 can. I would like to see how much faster my system is just running Kaspersky.

Cheers,

chris.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

trust me with kaspersky your pc will boot up and run faster than with f-secure.
    i know because i now use kaspersky 6 and used to use f-secure
    lodore

3. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

Use KIS and have complete protection.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

yup and in the not to distant future kis7.0:D

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have as much confidence in FS as KAV, but KAV starts much faster. I have not experienced a surfing slowdown with F-Secure, and have had less problems than KAV.
    It almost seems that KAV requires a constant tweak, while FS has been a "set and forget" suite. I defense of KAV, they are making some significant changes, and so some problems are to be expected, but there have been too many for me to want to "fool with."

Regards,
    Jerry

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

well i bought that 3-year kaspersky licence, my brother didnt want it and i use my 3-year drweb.

might sell, or just use as a backup if my drweb goes belly up, or might do some trading or something.

either way, kaspersky and f-secure both have pros and cons, but both will keep a user secure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.