Kaspersky 5's Heuristics

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by Dardasaba, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dardasaba

Dardasaba Registered Member

Well... The new Kaspersky Antivirus has heuristic scanning, what I wanna know is if WG's heuristics are better or if it has any other advantages.
    I already bought WG, just wondering if it was a waste of money :p

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Your buy is never a waste of money, as each works in different ways, different detection, where WormGuard stops a file before it can execute your scanners will locate it and at your request remove/quarantine it accordingly, etc. The one works on code and several other ways for detection and blocking, the other needs updates to be able to detect them.
    It's a very good idea to have layered protection!
    BTW: you'll be upgraded to WormGuard 4 for free.

3. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

One thing you can pretty much be assured of with heuristic detection is that no two scanners will have the same heuristic detection rules. This is in contrast with a known virus/worm/trojan, where all scanners will detect the same thing, usually in a similar manner, sometimes even with signatures from the same location(s). So, using two scanners with heuristics/generic detection capabilities simply increases such detection capability nearly two-fold, and with minimal overlap.

4. Dardasaba

Dardasaba Registered Member

Ah, that's what I wanted to know Wayne, thanks.
    You too Jooske ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.