Kaspersky 2011, Avira or G Data? Help me choose!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by E-Buzz, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

I´ve just recently ditched Eset NOD32 antivirus because of some limitations in functionality they seem very reluctant or slow to fix. I am now looking for an antivirus solution only, no security suite. Right now i am trying out Kaspersky AV 2011 and it seems good, relatively easy on resources and very sofisticated with all its nuts and bolts.

But maybe i don´t need all of the fancy stuff? What are my other options? How about Avira? Or G Data? Are they any good? I´ve seen tests that indicates that they are as good as Kaspersky (or even better) on detection rates, so are they worthy competitors against KAV?

What your opinions on this subject?

2. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

Your status says you are a regular poster. You should know better than to start a straight A vs B vs C thread. Instead -
    1. Use the forum search options for locating opinions on individual products.
    2. Try PMing the members who have these products in their signatures for their views.

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

As ravi16aug noted, we have a policy regarding open ended "which should I use?" or "which is better?" threads. We encourage people to read about the various products, all of which are discussed regularly in this section. And, if there are questions about a specific product, ask those directly but not in a comparison topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.