Kaspersky 2010 Help

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by whitedragon551, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I won a copy for applying for the Windows 7 party. In KIS 2009 I used to get popups asking to allow programs in the firewall or not. How do I set this to ask in KIS2010?

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. whitedragon551

I have some set for prompt for action and I have never received a prompt.

4. subset

subset Registered Member

Did you enable the Interactive protection, like shown here:
    http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2010/tech?qid=208280386

This settings override other settings without a peep.

Cheers

5. whitedragon551

I disabled that. Now I cant delete things from the firewall that are allowed that shouldnt be allowed.

6. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

hi during install there is a prompt to select automatic mode or not try that...and use the custom install instead of automatic one

7. whitedragon551

Its already installed and I lost the email with my key. I cant uninstall it.

8. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  9. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Just disable the box I show on the enclosed picture.
    is that what you mean?

Attached Files:

• KL.jpg
      KL.jpg
      File size:
      122.5 KB
      Views:
  10. Fly

Fly Registered Member

(picture): I don't think so, that's for either having Kaspersky making decisions on its own, or asking the user what to if it detects malware, possibly other things too.

I trialled KIS 2010. There is a lot I don't remember.

For as far as I can recall, Kaspersky uses digital certificates, and it allows properly signed applications to phone home and perhaps more.
    Too unsecure for my taste, but I could not figure out how to set Kaspersky NOT to trust signed programs. All I managed to do was creating rules for existing programs, like creating a rule that would block the Acrobat Reader from phoning home. But that only works for existing programs. It wouldn't stop a new signed program for which you haven't created a rule yet.
    I really didn't like that aspect of KIS 2010.

Btw, I tried to read the links in post #8, but either the Kaspersky forum didn't like my webguard or my cookie settings. :p

Kaspersky isn't the only vendor that does something like this, but Kaspersky is supposed to be 'secure', and I found allowing signed applications to phone home and perhaps worse rather unpleasant. The list of PRESENT signed applications/drivers/services/whatever (in the firewall or elsewhere) could expand rather quickly.
    If anyone knows an easy fix, I'd like to hear about it, mostly out of curiousity.

And what about that network attack thing ? I was 'attacked' by the Helkern worm several times a day (I was behind a router and the Kaspersky software firewall), I've never seen it with any other suite. Someone stated that KIS creates a local proxy, whatever that means. Perhaps an invasion of privacy ? I don't think I'm now less secure because my current (Avira) suite doesn't complain like that. :isay:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.