Kaspersky 2009 released!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ingem64, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the mul

the mul Registered Member

Thanks emperordarius,

I had everything set to max as well, but did keep the vulnerability scanner enabled, I will just wait and see how things go over the next month or two and then give it a try, nod32 works perfect, so I am happy for now, but if I am honest my favourite AV is kaspersky and I did use it for a while with version 4.5.
    I did try versions 6 and 7 of Kav but they slowed my system down to much and browsing was affected as well.

THE MUL

2. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

This kept doing the same to me!I even give the 420 version a run and ended up with the same results.The next time I gives this a run i'll be posting a sysinfo log at their forum.:(

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  3. legendary

legendary Registered Member

How can i upgrade to the new KIS2009 i have 2007 but when i tried to install and add my key it would not allow me to?
    Any help for this?:oops:

4. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

seems ok nice n fast might keep this one, although comparatives kaspersky didnt score to well, standard hmmm :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

After all the Comparatives tests and these other "certifying" places, I no longer pay any attention to them. Perfectly fine AV companies score low almost every time, and guess who is ALWAYS at the top?...Avira. Come on now, all these other great AV solutions like Norton, Kaspersky, Avast (they seem to hate Avast no matter how many tests they do) go up and down the list, but Avira never budges (in the tests I've looked at)? Maybe I'm too judgemental, but these tests seem to be turning into a "matousec". Just my opinion only.

On topic and the real reason for my post, when is Kaspersky releasing 2009 to the U.S? I'm kind of wanting to give them a shot.

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have found that I must enter the Activation Key and not the license key that shows on the License GUI.
    It would seem that the license number would work, but only the activation key in my experience.

The folks on the Kaspersky forum can help.

Regards,
    Jerry

7. Thug21

Thug21 Registered Member

I would still feel more than safe using Kaspersky. Just keep it updated :D

8. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Looking at the wrong test...scroll down to the single product comparatives for KIS2009 performance. It does a lot better than the current V7.

9. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Must be your rig mate as Build 420 nct is running perfectly on mine. Perfectly stable, light on resources, not a BSOD in sight, not a bug in sight so far, caught everything I have thrown at it, etc.

Obviously not a product for you to use (there will always some; I have a friend who swears by Avira...load it on my rig and it crashes, hogs memory, etc., so I can't use it).

10. Baldrick

I have heard 1st July bandied around on the web, from some reputable sources; same as for the UK. But I suppose it will be when the big cheeses at Kaspersky decide.:D

11. Baldrick

12. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

I own KAV7, but have stopped using. I also tried KIS 2009 beta instead.
    When I first installed KAV everything was fine, untill I got a subvirt type infection. It seemed to interfere with Kaspersky, especially deep scans.
    It may have something to do with the VM of the infection.
    Deep scan times were 3 days to complete. Originally, deep scans only took about 2 hours, all settings on max.
    My problem was Virtual Machine and Malware related. That particular infection has been cleared but haven't reinstalled KAV7.
    Two things that helped; Downgrading to WinXP Pro from Vista HP, installing KIS 2009 beta and uninstalling. Seems to have made some files visible due to some conflict. In the end removing HD and wiping from another computer did the trick. Just to be sure I flashed the bios.
    When AV and AM tools don't function properly that is a sign that there is something going on that needs attention.

13. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

yep that's what i meant in my previous post ;)

I'm not running FF but my acrobat pro 8 doesn't conflict at all with KAV 2009 here. (Vista SP1)

14. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

thanks i did a scan and system was fine , previously had avg :doubt: But 2009 seems nice the Internet security, yes use activation method :argh:

Attached Files:

15. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Thanks Baldrick :) Hmm, so does this mean I can just switch the country on the page and have a go at it?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  16. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Hi. You can go on either the French or German Kaspersky sites and download it but I think the German version is English language as well but not entirely sure. Otherwise you can download it from the Kasperky FTP servers (links are shown on other threads).

17. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

HTTP scanner is still rather slow and cannot keep up with speed of Opera creating bad stalls when loading webpages :(

18. nasdaqms

nasdaqms Registered Member

maybe the wrong links,i think

does it still waste a lot of system resouce?\\

try it
    :cool:

19. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Thanks, I'll give it a shot :)

20. btman

btman Registered Member

So whens Kaspersky 09 coming to Canada?

21. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Latest official version (8.0.0.357) working fine with my wife laptop. It's nice that Chinese New Year free key working too :D 227 days remaining...

22. twistedvincent

twistedvincent Registered Member

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find a KIS 2009 configuration guide similar to the one here for NOD 32.From what I've read KIS needs a significant amount of tweaking to be as effective as possible.Or....if anybody here has setting recommendations, I'd appreciate it as well.

Thanks!:D

23. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Everything to max, heuristics to max, deep rootkit scan.

24. QS

QS Registered Member

Kav 2009 is pretty good i don't find it as light on resources as others have said but all in all I am quite happy with it plus i have 2 years of usage ahead of me so ya, gonna have a lotta time to play with this puppy.

25. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.