Kaspersky 2009 conflicts.....

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by david banner, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david banner

david banner Registered Member

.....with Comodo firewall/macafee site advisor and threat fire. It wants me to remove these before i can install. I want to keep them especially comodo. Why do they do this and is there a workaround. Does uninstalling comodo installing kav and reinstalling comodo work.? Before i start all that has anyone experience of this.

What good av will work with comodo?

2. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Hi,

You can skip the product check as follows:
    http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279779

Although, this process is done at your own risk.

It is a bit hit and miss, some people experience major problems when installing with other software like comodo, while other people are running it without problems.

3. thathagat

thathagat Guest

hi......install kav2009 first then install the others....mind you kav would flag mcafee site advisor even when you have removed it you have to delete its registry entries....

4. david banner

it still will not allow me to install unless i uninstall comodo/tfire/macafee
    Edit uninstalled all but still find macafee in registry, not touching that so had to get kav 7 and reinstall comodo etc

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  5. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

the whole incompatible programs check that kaspersky gives u at the begging i find to be pretty useless, i guess it is sort of a compatibility precaution i guess, but when it asks u to remove a COMPLETELY on-demand program that doesnt have anything running is quite stupid and annoying.

6. david banner

i have decided not to get kaspersky again when this trial is over unless they cop on and make it ok with comodo etc

7. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

when i tried it works fine with comodo, its just comodo has to be installed AFTER kaspersky so that u dont get that annoying screen telling u to uninstall it.

8. TrojanHunter

TrojanHunter Registered Member

kaspersky hates everything for some reason, but it's a great AV so I can tolerate that.

9. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I've found that to be the case. If they make their browsing speed faster, though, I might try it again.

10. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I can't say I've found any problems with browsing speed using any of the latest KL products.

11. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

dump Comodo and use Kis instead of Kav+Comodo:-with Kav 9(and Kav 7 maybe)I found Comodo to leak due to the way Kav web AV works,if you're behind a router you don't need a software firewall unless you're using it to control which apps are allowed access to the net and any restrictions you want to impose on them

12. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Don't know.
    I've not had a problem with KAV conflicting with anything, but my install was an upgrade from KAV 6 (to) KAV 7 (to) KAV 2009.
    I've also installed KAV 2009 when it was still in beta and didn't experience any issues with other applications, but I haven't ever used it with Comodo, McAfee (I refuse to install any McAfee product), or Threatfire.

This is very similar to my experience with Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 and 2009 which would not install unless and until I removed AdAware, even though it was the free version without resident scanning.
    As suggested regarding KAV, I uninstalled AdAware, Installed TMIS, then reinstalled AdAware.
    It's ridiculous having to jump through these hoops, but at least there's a way around the restriction(s). This bs is nothing more than a feeble attempt to eliminate competing software applications.

13. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I have, especially on one site I go to a lot. Others have had the same problem.

14. osip

osip Registered Member

15. fce

fce Registered Member

if i were you, i'll use KIS (one package).....this will eliminate AV+Firewall software conflict problem.

16. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

Considering dropping the Web AV component then.

It can be installed w/o it.

17. TrojanHunter

TrojanHunter Registered Member

I might even do that myself when it comes to my Kav renewal

here's the program conflicts I have experienced so far when running Kaspersky....

Comodo 3.5 -I Found that the firewall seems to leak when it's running with KAV 2009.

Zonealarm Pro 2009 - Not sure if this is a conflict with KAV or a bug in Zonealarm, but my web browsers seem to suddenly block and Firefox has crashed on me. Kaspersky is apparently known to not always get along with Zonealarm.

BOclean - Not a firewall, but I've found it crashes games and on 64bit Vista seems to crash the system with a blue screen then restarts. I put this down to conflicts with Kaspersky, because it seems to run ok without it.

Threatfire - Will work, but browsing is very slow when it's running with Kaspersky for some reason.

PC tools firewall - seemed to work ok at first, but then occasionally crashed for some reason....possibly because of Kaspersky? not sure.

I'm now using Webroot firewall 5.8, which seems to be ok with Kav so far. I'd rather use something better, but Kav is just to picky on what it will run with. It seems paying that extra for the full Kaspersky Internet sercurity would be best.

18. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Unfortunately, that only helps with AntiVir and not Kaspersky.

Back to the topic: I thought Prevx would work with Kaspersky, but even that caused slowness and freezes after a little while.

19. gery

gery Registered Member

I gave a try to the last KIS release and it seemed rather heavy and very slow browsing. I could hardly open the Yahoo email page. I am on ADSL 256 kbps but i never ever had such slow downs with other AV . uninstalled and back to AVG

20. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Ahahahhahahahaaa, what an advertising slogan that would be!!

I ran a trial version some time back and it's quality although I found area's where it slowed down my user experience otherwise I might have been tempted away from NOD.

21. osip

osip Registered Member

So, where's the hate with KAV (newest)+Outpost fw+Keyscrambler+Sandboxie...I only see love...

22. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Running KIS 2009 (506) & Prevx Edge...absolutely NO slow downs to report here with this configuration. They seem to sit well together.:rolleyes:

23. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Why the eyeroll? I'm reporting what happened on MY system. You can get different results on different systems.

24. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

You seem to be suggesting that Prevx & KIS don't work together. Full stop. This not true. They will co-exist on some PCs and not at all on others. It is that old chesnut once again, hence the Roll Eyes...here we go again!

And I am reporting what is happening on MY system!:D :D :D :D

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  25. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Never said that at all. I just reported what happened. This argument will not go anywhere, so I'm ending it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.