Kaspersky 2006/Kis 2006 beta1 released.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Don Pelotas, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

According to the review Spybot also has to be uninstalled. But enough about F-Secure from me as Iv'e derailed this thread long enough. http://www.webuser.co.uk/products/FSecure_Internet_Security_2006_review_2781.html

2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

You can download the new 6.0.15.225 built in this link ftp://kav2006:Fynb02dbhec60@data.kaspersky.ru/ - thank the posters on the kaspersky forums for this link. Though you might find that new download to show the same built as the one here http://downloads1.kaspersky-labs.com/beta/ in the information dialog box during the installation. You will see they are different size, they both say 6.0.15.222 in the information dialog in the installation, but the built 6.0.15.225 is 11,467 KB and the old beta 6.0.15.222 is 11,291 KB. You will clarify that its the new 6.0.15.225 built once installed.

dja2k

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  3. fun.cat

fun.cat Registered Member

regarding CPU utilisation read this:
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=4949&view=findpost&p=34324

4. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Anyone tried Ewido with Kaspersky ?? do u need to u think? R MD

update
    still a bit cloggy on the pc!! Darn

Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  5. davehries

davehries Registered Member

I am using a paid version of ewido 3.5 and it works great with KAV and KIS.

Ewido does seem to have an issue with Microsoft Anti-Spyware. I now only use MSAS in the on demand mode.

KAV beta1 has been very solid for me. I am going to move up to 225 this weekend.

6. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Ram usage. For all that is included i will say it is low. But i think CPU usage is still rather high . I am wondering if the iswift tech is the same as istream where previously scanned files wont be scanned again if they haven't changed? ( I.e doing a full system scan should improvement the performance ? )

Another thing i notice is that changing from Mid to High Security level dont have any difference in performance.

Defrag while KAV is on was more like scanning the whole computer ^^"

Computer response is slightly slower compare to NOD. Such as when openning firefox.

Other than that i am very happy with the beta. Safe and Solid.

7. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

iwod,

The answer is yes and no. Yes that the final result is the same, no in that ADS' are not used with iSwift. More like iChecker for NTFS volumes if I understand correctly.

Blue

8. .....

..... Registered Member

9. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Since i cant post on their forum i hope someone would mention it on their site.

The sound when there Proactive defense is active, could they change it to something more "easy" ......... because it really is anoyning as well as shocking,

10. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Probably fixed in later builds, because the memory/CPU usage is very low on my pc, so probably some conflict.
    Put the defragger (PerfectDisk?) in the Trusted zone.
    I'm curious as to why you think you're banned? Since i would most likely be the the one doing this and i have only banned one, a spammer who managed to post 883 identical posts in 15 minutes and that wasn't you.

The sound will most likely stay, it's personal thing of course, but i don't find it annoying or shocking. However there may be an option to exclude in later builds.:)

11. iwod

iwod Registered Member

oh... i wasn't banned....... just for some reason i could never access the forum.

It is a network issues on my side.

How did you know i was using Perfectdisk :D

12. Don Pelotas

Ok, thats unfortunate.

Because Perfectdisk is the one that seems to have the most impact on Kaspersky and i use it myself.;) :)

13. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

Hi,

I have read a load of info about Kas and i am so very very impressed with its detection among other things, are there any reason why i should not chose Kas as my main AV next year??

14. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Tom772,

I've not seen one yet. Any incompatibilities that I've uncovered have been dealt with using a custom install, and this really only occurs with competing applications - in my case the KAV Proactive Defense, for example.

I'd naturally recommend a trial since prior versions could be a bit of a resource load on older/leaner machines. The 2006 version is much better in this regard, so don't go hearsay derived from experiences seen with the KAV 5.0 platform. I use two AV's on my complement of machines depending on partition and machine use profile. KAV has been one of them for a few years now and it has served me well.

Blue

15. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am currently using BD 9.0, and the license expires in Jan 06.
    Is the 06 KISS still in beta? I do not know much about how to handle problems, and am hesitant to try a beta.

I am thinking about trying KIS when it gets out of beta. Is there any reason that I could not install it, and disable my BD, counterspy, and LnS to prevent conflicts? If I did not like KIS has anyone uninstalled it, and how did it go?

Thanks,
    Jerry

16. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

The uninstallation of KIS is pretty easy via the add\remove or the uninstall icon that gets placed by defualt in the start menu. There is also an extra removal tool named KAVREMOVE.zip available in the following FTP site located here

ftp://kav2006:Fynb02dbhec60@data.kaspersky.ru/ .

As for your situation in trying it out, There is no reason I can think of that you can't disable both BD and Look'n'Stop and install KIS completely, while keeping CounterSpy active, that won't comflict. I don't know if Kaspersky offers trials on products, but you can wait til the final versions come out in Jan' 06 and find out.

dja2k

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  17. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Hello all,

Well, I installed KIS 2006 beta V6.0.15.225 on two machines a few hours ago and have been "kicking the tires" ever since. I can sum up my feelings about the new beta in one word: WOW!!!! As reported by others in this thread, KIS 2006 is light on resources, the GUI has improved by a jillion per cent, and I really, really, really like it. Before you think that I think the new software is perfect, AntiHacker still needs work and I disabled AntiSpam after it left a bad taste in my mouth.

JerryM,
    I also have BD 9.0, and I am happy with it; however, KIS 2006 in my humble (but accurate) opinion, offers more bang for the buck.

I do computer work, mostly security and networking stuff, for a living. I have registered copies of Command AV, KAV Personal AV, TrendMicro IS, BitDefender, ArcaVir 2005, AVG 7.x, Dr. Web, CA's EZAntirus and EZArmor, F-Secure IS, Panda Titanium, and Virus Robot.

KDCDQ, Security Freak

18. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

well, in any case you are VERY protected...

19. Don Pelotas

Disabling BD and LnS is not enough Jerry, you have to uninstall them if you want to try the suite. It is scheduled for release in jan/2006, but since an uninstaller (link in dja2k's post, it's called kavremove.zip, instructions inside the zip) has been made you can safely try it now, there will be a new build .226 today or tomorrow. You can also just wait for beta2, which will come within the next month.:)

20. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, All for the information.
    I do not think I will uninstall BD and LnS at this time, but will wait until Jan and see how things go.

I am not sure if I uninstalled them and did not want to keep KIS I could get replacement programs to install again. I may have the old ones in my download files.

Jerry

21. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Anyone know when KIS built 6.0.15.226 will be out? Some said yesturday, others said it would be out today, but nothing is out yet.

dja2k

22. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Check in the Kaspersky forum. If it's not there yet, then no one knows. They don't announce ahead of time, the just put the builds up when they are ready.

23. Don Pelotas

It has been delayed (should have been out mon/tue), a bug some users have had for a long time was found at the last minute and they decided to halt the release & fix it, Peter2150 is right you have to check to beta forum or be lucky someone posts here.:)

24. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

The 226 is on the ftp site now, but I can't download it ... again the crap about file not found and such...

25. jmschwartz

jmschwartz Guest

I just finished downloading (14.00 EST) and I'm scanning with KAV 6.x.226 now. Everything seems fine so far. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.