Kaseya integration/reporting

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DiPersiaTech, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiPersiaTech

DiPersiaTech Registered Member

Has anyone done any work on trying to integrate NOD32 with Kaseya at all? Since it appears NOD32 doesn't drop anything into event logs, we're not able to capture any info/warnings through Kaseya. We have SMTP setup on all clients at least. . .

Here's an issue we ran into. We didn't realize that NOD32 wasn't updating properly at the mirror, nor any of the clients. Someone pushed out a new config file to ALL machines, including the mirror, which caused that to break. But none of the clients complained because they were in sync with the mirror.

We came from a Symantec background, and there used to be a file in Symantec in plain text that we would query for a particular string that held the definition date. Then we'd check the date and if it was greater than 7 days old, we'd throw a flag in Kaseya and get notified.

I found the upd.ver file in Program Files\Eset\updfiles, and saw under [ENGINE2] that it displayed the most recent definitions. Anyone know how this file is put together and if we can accurately report on this information from clients?

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

About a year ago there was an issue with NOD32 and Kaysera and it was resolved by excluding all instances of KAPFA.SYS from NOD32's real time scanner.

That's not to say that this will also resolve it now but at the onset we have to get the updating and logging in working order network wide.

Is your Server updating at this time? I know you said that the Mirror has "broke" but can that folder be recreated to see if it will update from your Server? If we're able to get that up then the clients should be able to update from there.

Please let us know how we can help.

Thank you,
    BFG

3. DiPersiaTech

DiPersiaTech Registered Member

Sorry - we're actually NOT having any issues with the mirror or Kaseya. The mirror issue was a configuration error on our side which we quickly resolved when we realized it.

I just wanted to see if anyone had tried any integration?

4. techie007

techie007 Registered Member

I know exactly what you mean (I know what Kaseya is). You're looking for a way to pull events or some kind of status information from NOD so they show up as events in Kaseya, so you can tie alerts to them, and in turn assign techs to go deal with it if required. Correct?

Assuming that, I know of no way to pull info from NOD. From as best as I can tell it doesn't give up any client status info from anything other than the clients themselves via SMTP. This is VERY LAME for an "enterprise" network-based software, but hey hopefully they'll get their crap together.

I've been bugging them to get email alerts sent from the Server itself instead so we can get alerts that clients are dead-in-the-water, etc.

But so far the best I've had is one person in support (via phone) tell me it doesn't do it, aside from "reports", and that it's a really good idea that he'll tell his manager about. So their sales lied to me when I bought it (I asked about this feature specifically), but at least this guy cleared it up for me, even though it seems like an OBVIOUS feature that should have been there in the beginning.

At the same time I had Eset support tell me via email that the guy on the phone didn't know what he was talking about, and that it DOES do it. So I asked how and they just stopped responding, I've sent then two emails over the last couple weeks asking for an update, or if it just DOESN'T DO IT like the guy said on the phone (which I'll accept as an answer). And they refuse to answer.

Obviously because they didn't know what the hell their software actually does, and realized they're idiots, so now they're acting further like idiots and just hoping it'll go away.

Of course I've never heard back as to weather it's actually on the road-map or what, ESET doesn't understand partners, they only understand resellers. I find myself wishing I had just stuck with Symantec for another year, more than once a week right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.