Kagee and Turkojan

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by nimrodauto, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nimrodauto

nimrodauto Registered Member

Hi
    Acronis has been detecting Turkojan for some time now and will not remove it. I am fairly certain that this is a false positive.However it is now detecting Kagee and again this cannot be removed. This is not detected by AdAware nor by Spybot. Does anyone have any experience of this piece of malware.
    Thanks in advance.

2. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

Hi
    I don't have any experience of these affecting my PC but, like you, PES detects and removes them only for them to reappear on the next scan.o_O o_O
    I am still getting Spy Sheriff infection though.
    Regards
    John

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nimrodauto and John,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

nimrodauto, please make sure that you are using the latest build (1429) of Acornis Privacy Expert Suite 9.0 and the latest Spyware definitions update. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please download the latest updates, if necessary, and see if the issue persists. If it does persist then please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach he collected information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

John, just a notification for you: our developers have included this Spy Sheriff definition into the latest Spyware update. This update will become available in the nearest future just after the testing of it will be finished.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

Good news Kirill. Thank you for the update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.