K-Ninja browser USERS: a few questions?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Birdman, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

I'm just downloaded K-Ninja v2.1.4.2 browser and find it amazingly light, fast and smooth. Probably the fastest browser I have ever seen on my system and connection. I just have a few questions for those experienced K-Ninja users:

1) How do you ADD sites to bookmarks?

2) Can you configure CCleaner to clear cache, cookies and typed URL history in K-Ninja? If so....how?

3) Is there a MENU BAR option available?

*Also are there any other settings/tweak changes that is recommended with this browser?

Thx

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I just started using K-Ninja last night.
    Bookmarks appears to be the same as K-Meleon.
    You need to go to Edit>Preferences>Plugins.
    I made sure to put a checkmark in Netscape Bookmarks Plugin and hit the Enabe/Disable button.Shutdown K-Ninja and restart it and there was a bar showing at the top with "File" ,"Edit" and "Bookmarks" among those listed.
    You can add or edit bookmarks by left clicking the Bookmarks button.

3. Birdman

I tried that. I still don't see "File", "Edit", or "Bookmarks" menu bar. o_O

4. the Tester

Menu Bar option?
    There is a Plugin listed called "Rebar Menu Plugin".

There are settings for clearing private data.
    Tools>Privacy>Settings.I haven't been able to save the choices yet.
    I like to clear everything except passwords at shutdown.Using CCleaner,you would have to locate the cache.I will have to investigate the location.

I don't know what K-Ninja theme you have,but they have a button for "Preferences".With the K-Lion theme it's a blue gear button at the upper left.

Two other tips about K-Ninja...
    Under Tools there is a feature "Enable Fast Webpage Display".If it's enabled there will be a checkmark by it.If not,click on it to enable it.

There is an mp3 player included also.Tools>Applications.There are 2 other applications,Quicknote and ActiveX Media Player Control.
    I haven't tried any of these apps yet.

5. the Tester

I think there is an easy fix for that.
    Tools>Bookmark Options.There should be an entry at the bottom of that list...Enable Toolbar Chevron.Click on that and you should have the Bookmark Toolbar at the top when you restart K-Ninja.

6. Birdman

Finally got it. I didn't know about the RIGHT-CLICKING on the "preferences" tab.

It's gonna take a while to get used to because using FireFox and IE.....I'm used to those options being listed in it's own menu-bar/toolbar (above the navigation tool bar). I'm still hoping there is an option to display this?

Only thing left is to configure CCleaner to delete the cache, cookie, internet + downloaded history.

I'm starting to like K-Ninja more than FireFox or Opera.

7. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Tried it....but would not bother with K-Ninja now since it is so much a copy of K-Meleon. Sticking with K-Meleon for now.

8. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

I also just downloaded k-ninja and like it.

BUT can anyone tell me how to get firefox extensions such as NO Script to work with k-Ninja

Thanks

Terry

9. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I tried it but Ninja wouldnt browse at all?? No firewall blocking it, infact my firewall didnt even ask if I wanted to block it... looks like it never even tried to contact the net....
    Too bad I thought K-meleon was the fastest browser there is (I´ve tried them all; Opera, Firefox, IE and many IE clones, Netscape, Safari for Win) and so far K-meleon is the fastest of them all so far. I cant imagine how fast Ninja is if it is faster than K-meleon :)

Just waiting (probably forever) for Roboform to be kompatibel before the complete migration.

I dont think you can use Firefox extensions with Ninja, you could try the few there is for K-meleon (as I understand Ninja is a clone of K-meleon anyway)

10. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Does anyone know, is K-Ninja just a modified K-Meleon build or is it actually something new based on Gecko?

11. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Source here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-Meleon

12. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Thanks for the info Bob.. it's as I suspected then. I am using K-Meleon 1.1 now and like it a lot... I will pass on K-Ninja for now...

13. the Tester

The K-Ninja cache loads into memory.
    From the K-Ninja Changelog-"° Cache loads into memory, no data is written to harddrive."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.