k MELEON

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by waters, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waters

waters Registered Member

HI ALL
    I am just trying k meleon instead of firefox.
    I have been happy with firefox but found it took longer to load.
    K MELEON seems really good with no slowdown . it is very fast .
    But is it as secure as firefox .
    If it is i will stay with it
    Thanks for any advice

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. KERANO

KERANO Guest

Im installing it to all my friends for more than 6 months and working well!

It also can open some web sites that are comptabile just with IE and not with Firefox and Opera.

Good project!

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

I doubt it, since k-melon is based on gecko like Firefox. The latest 0.9 k-melon version is based on a slightly newer version than the gecko in Firefox 1.0 though.

Still I highly recommend k-melon for people who think FF is slow to start on their computer. K-melon I suspect will be a far better choice for most windows users when 1.0 is released since it's is designed to work only in windows and as a slightly bigger feature set right out of the box.

but Firefox no doubt will get more hype and more development work, probably because the open source people generally use unix based machines as well as Windows. So they ignore K-melon which is not cross-plaform comptiable.

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

K-meleon is equally as secure as Firefox. To fix a potential hole in the Gecko engine that underlies both K-mel & Firefox, I recommend you put the following in your user.js file for K-mel...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.