jv16 registry cleaner test

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by the Tester, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

JV did a test of registry cleaners.He tested some popular cleaners against RegCleaner and PowerTools.The results are interesting,RegScrubXp is one that I tried.It fared better than I thought it would.I'm posting a URL that goes to the test results page.There is a hot-link on this page that downloads the test data if anyone wants to test a registry tool or check out his test.I don't mind testing programs,but no way I'm touching this registry cleaning test.Too much newbie in me!
    test page

I fixed the tags. Hope you don´t mind.

2. controler

controler Guest

This is easy to do.
    You just copy and paste ligit registry data into a txt document
    and then add some crap of your own that doesn't come from anywhere. You then save the file as a .REG and merge it into your registry. Caution to remember where you put it LOL
    Then run the tests. ;)

The main other registry program I would compare to JV's is called Regcrawler.
    I love it for finding leftover entries of old software I uninstalled.
    Give it a try along with JV's programs.

3. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

JV16 has never given my PC any problems !!
    Works great !! :)

regards,
    bill ;)

4. root

root Registered Member

As much as I am against a product testing itself against the competition, in this case I make an exception.
    For one thing its free. Also, anyone can duplicate the test, so there is little likelihood of any extreme bias in testing.
    I think it's important, because of the high incidence of false entries in many of the reg cleaners. I also use SystemSuite 4.0 reg cleaner and in the past was aware of one false entry for registered information with F-Secure. I now know I will need to be more carefull with what I delete using SystemSuite.
    Also of interest to note that many of the "cleaners" scored zero. Makes you wonder. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.