jv 16 power tools question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bethrezen, Jan 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

i have come here seeking a lil advice as this is one of the few places i feel that i can trust the advice that I'm given

for a long time i have been looking for a good cleaning app and zev0 recommended jv 16 to me

now although i have tried this app before i was a lil :doubt: hummm as i have had some bad experiences with cleaning app which have destroyed my hard drive and have forced me to do system restore

now from what i hear jv 16 is meant to be one of the safest cleaning apps around is this true ?? also any other info ya could give me would be appreciated as from what i see meany people here use jv 16

2. controler

controler Guest

Hey dude

Jv16 keeps a backup incase you make a boo boo
    Same with Spybot.
    That is what I really like :D

3. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Very good app indeed !

4. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Hi Bethrezen

EasyCleaner is nice too, I haven´t had any bad experience at all ;)
    http://www.toniarts.com/ecleane.htm

*Ari*

5. MickeyTheMan

You might find this of interest http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/shtml/registry_test.shtml

6. Jerry666

Jerry666 Registered Member

one great tool . i made a huge mustake , wipes all duplicate files !! yikes , well i just ran the backup and all was well . i've tried a few other tools like this , but jv-16 is the best of the lot so far . and the price caN'T BE BEAT

7. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

THAT`s RIGTH Jerry :D , do not delete duplicated system files !

'Ari*

8. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Bethrezen.Power Tools has been safe for me.In the program setup you can have jv16 Power Tools show only entries that are safe to delete.That's how I configured for myself.That cuts down on the possibility of removing something that is necessary.As already mentioned it also has backup feature.So it can be very safe in my opinion.It's also versatile with startup programs listed,and you can delete files with it also.

9. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

well i decided to give jv another go and guess what not as safe as ya think some how i manged to erase my hard drive ill explain how

i went to the clean temp file tool and i told it to do c drive thinking that it was going to scan the c drive looking for trash files except much to my horror it erased my hard drive and i had to do system restore that thing is DANGEROUS !!!

me thinks a small redesigned is in order

comments on this anyone ??

10. Douglas

Douglas Guest

:D :cool: :cool: May as well come clean. The 1st time I ever used jv16, I did the same exact thing.
    You have to put what files you want deleted in the box, otherwise it deletes everything.
    It was a lesson to me to always read the helpfiles.

Best Regards, Bethrezen, and I sympathize with you!
    Douglas

11. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

From the Help file:

Introduction
    The temp file tool is the best way to control your computer's temporary files. Many programs uses temporary files for many reasons but sometimes they are left to your hard drive for nothing. You can configure the temp file tool to remove temp files or just empty some directories.

Warning: No backups
    The temp file tool does not create any backups. If you want to be able to restore the files it removed configure it to remove the files by moving them to the recycle bin.

Warning: Not just temp files
    If you set the temp file tool to remove all files either by checking the Delete everything option or to manually tell it to remove "*.*" files it really removes all files, not just the temp files. If you want it to remove just the temp files write "*.tmp" to the Files to delete box.

Regards,
    CrazyM

12. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

That's a part of the program I really like.
    Plus the fact that when using the Registry Cleaner option, it's never, ever, given me a problem. I've been using JV's software for a long time.
    Highly recommended !!

Regards,
    bill ;)

13. MickeyTheMan

As the name implies, PowerTools is a VERY POWERFUL TOOL to be used with caution, and certainly not without reading help files.
    As some have found out, clicking on a box without reading first can be disatrous. But to get the job done, it sure can do !... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.