just want to know... which one gives MOST tensions

Discussion in 'polls' started by subratam, Jan 14, 2004.

?

what you think as the most dangerous threat to your security/privacy?

1. Viruses

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Trojans

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Spywares

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. existing "operating system"

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. wrong conceptions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. no "satisfying" security software

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. dial up internet/direct internet access

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. cable/broadband/access through lan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subratam

subratam Registered Member

ANYTHING ELSE I HAVE MISSED... plz do write that....

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Wrong conceptions, in other words, fleshware defect of the idiot who is installed between the chair and the keyboard (I'm serious: I feel the weakest link in my security is me). :doubt:

Acadia

3. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

trojan can leave your computer opened to the world and make it attacking targets...

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I truly believe the greatest threat to my computer is the other guy not securing his computer :mad:

5. sig

sig Registered Member

The user. A user without knowledge and sound practices walks through a minefield blindfolded just by turning the machine on and connecting to the net. With knowledge and sound practices the other factors are much less of a threat.

6. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

IMUGAO, :)

I have to agree with gkweb. Through means of a Trojan just about anything can be introduced into the system; rootkits, IRC Bots, DDOS Bots, KeyLoggers, Warez servers, Viruses, anything. Which is why I feel it is so critical that people not rely on AV's only for AT protection given the consequences of a slip.

Uguel

7. subratam

hey yall,
    i for myself think that someone(user) with wrong conceptions is the one to b dealt with more precision coz trojans nor any other threats will b that much dangerous.. if the user surf well and surf with precautions..

8. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

The user here also. I have been my worst enemy in the past and done more harm than any one else could have .
    If there is an area its definitely mail . As 95% infections seem to come thru such .

9. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I don't want to rain on your parade chaps but come on, surely there are more things to get bothered about in your lives than this.
    Sometimes I wonder how you all can close your eyes at night and actually sleep.
    If your AVs and FWs are upto date and running as they should what's to worry about.
    Some of this stuff actually verges on paranaoia, I personally would like to think that there is more to life than worrying about my OS, I have always been of the opinion that it is my servant not master.
    So my philosophy is to use my Pute to enhance what little life I have left and if things go 'Kingdick' I stay cool and pour myself a large Single malt, then things get rosier by the minute, believe me.
    You'll all one day discover that when you suddenly find that your life is screeching to a halt, it really is amazing what actually becomes important.

Regards, Cochise, :cool: ;) :-*

10. subratam

hey cochise,
    i sincerely appreciate ur views and i giv a damn to go gaga over security and other probz ... either let it b in comp or any place elsewhere.. to me.. "whatever happens is for good"
    to me security means being here at wilders... learning more...and moooooore.... i love to go on with life.... who knoz whats in store nxt... will enjoy every byte of it...
    (u have something in ur temp folder cochise... chk again :D )

Attached Files:

11. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I hardly ever get any decent sleep anymore. Every time I close my eyes I see Peaches and Beetlejuice chasing me with their magic wands. :(

Acadia

12. bigc73542

This computer security is like an old western movie. The good guys against the bad guys. The good guy circle the wagons (security apps) and try to fend off all of the bad guys trying to get into the circle. Most of the time they keep the mauraders out but Once in a while a malcontent breaks the circle. That is when they have to send a message to fort wilders for reinforcements, and with their special forces they route the forces of evil and return to their search of the world just waiting for the next attack of the forces of evil. Yeah sometimes it does seem to breach into paranoia but it is just how intently you circle your wagons and try to keep the bad guys at bay. ;)

13. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

A little bit OT here, but I couldn't resist. I guess that just means that we (Peaches/beetlejuice) just aren't doing out jobs good enough if all your loosing is sleep. :D

14. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

:D Which reminds me Acadia .... since you are not sleeping. :D Hope you checkmarked Viruses. :D

Attached Files:

15. bigc73542

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

Attached Files:

16. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

PAUL, hackers and creators of viruses have infiltrated WildersSecurity … perhaps they were spies all along, really pretending to be Good Guys but all along were just Dark Hats waiting for the right time to strike!

Time to bring out the WSF (Wilder's Security Force):

http://www.gifs.net/animate/anicop.gif

17. Peaches4U

Now you wouldn't be referring to me, now would you ... see I am sweet and innocent.

Attached Files:

18. bigc73542

Now us law abiding web citizens wouldn't do a thing like that. We always are aware of the wilders cops

Attached Files:

19. subratam

I have not done anything did I.... I always have teamed with good people and will continue to do so...
    BJ,Peaches... I think I have got hold of the secret evidences against us.... meet me soon... URGENT

Attached Files:

20. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Wise people know that you can never judge a book by it's cover!!

Acadia

21. Peaches4U

o_O How can anyone resist such a cover? :'(

22. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

What worries me the most is that someday we will be isolated somehow from the knowledge and power we have as a group.

you can fool some of the people all of the time,
    and you can fool all of the people some of the time,
    but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

and thats what this is about

i dont worry about my computer security beyond the fact that i need it running to stay in touch with friends and i enjoy a/v , news, music, reading and writing, so yeah, i'd be bummed if someone put it out of commision.

i also laugh at myself for spending days trying to figure out some minute computer problem that shouldn't be worth a second thought.

I hate poetry, i hate crossword puzzles, I love figuring out how to make a computer work better (especially for zero bucks)....

...go figure!

-HandsOff

23. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

I love that phrase :) Everytime I had to format it wasn't because of a virus, trojan or spyware. No it was cause by the dreaded fleshware :) :) :)

24. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes."

- qouted from Ghandi

25. subratam

Handsoff,

It would be Gandhi and not Ghandi :) thanx

and you hate poetry .. :doubt:

will you please give a visit here

maybe...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.