Just purchased Sandboxie!

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ratchet, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Feel this has so much potential had to! CCleaner and WeatherPulse are the other progs that I have "donated" to, because I'm so impressed with and use them so much, despite a ton of freeware. Actually makes me feel guilty I don't contribute to all. I have several commercial security apps I've purchased over the years which is beginning to look like overkill with all the new "virtual" programs arising. Which reminds me, why are some using both Sandboxie and Returnil? Thank You and Goodnight!

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Greets ratchet!

I share in your Jubilation over the latest release of Sandboxie. It took many months before they finally released a version that my unit can live with, and nothing pleases me more except the confidence of FD-ISR + Super Imaging Programs.

Mine are Paragon Drive BackUp 8.51 & the excellent miniature back up proggy DriveSnapshot.

Make sure you also have a reliable backup imaging program while your feeling generous. :D

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

To answer your question. Why Sandboxie and Returnil/Powershadow/Shadowdefender. Simple some things don't work easily in the sandbox. For example Netflics now has a deal where you can watch movies directly online, thru IE and a program of theirs you download and install. Didn't work thru Sandboxie. So I put the system in ShadowMode(of Shadow Defender) and started IE outside the sandbox. Downloaded installed software watched movie, and then rebooted. All traces of software gone. True could have done the same with FDISR, but this was just one reboot.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.