Just purchased NOD32 and big problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Timo Schmidt, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timo Schmidt

Timo Schmidt Registered Member

Hi there!

I'm a new owner of NOD32 antivirus system and so far I can say it has the fastest scanning engine among all anti-virus-solutions. It also eats up very few processor time (even avira antivir eats up more :D ;) ). And the heuristics-engine should be the best available on the market (according to many tests from internet).

But there is a "slight" problem with my installation. There is a file called "dw20.exe" which can't be shut down when I shut down Windows (I get a OK-msg-box with a red cross). I get also a error-message with this file when I open the catalyst control center. When I uninstall NOD32 everything works as intended.

So what could be the problem...

Thanks

Timo

2. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

The "brains" can address this to NOD32 specifically, but I Googled that file and find dw20.exe appears to be an error reporting app from Office 2003 that was loading up a guy's HD with 100MB files; Until someone posts a quicker fix, See article at http://weblogs.asp.net/soever/archive/2003/08/31/25961.aspx -

3. imrayly

imrayly Registered Member

once i use norton,sometimes i shut down my windows,some programme also cant't shut.it's name is "ccapp"(norton's main)
    i think your problem is like me.maybe you need restall it.

4. FirePost

FirePost Registered Member

There are some problems reported with the latest catalyst drivers. Here is one of the threads that may give you an idea.
    ati catalyst control center crash since i've installed nod32

5. Timo Schmidt

Timo Schmidt Registered Member

Well, thanks for your hints,

but nothing helped, I think I will continue to use avast! or Kaspersky for now. Hope this issues with certain apps will be resolved soon, because nod32 is a really nice antivirus-prog in my eyes.

OK - hope to see you soon (when an update is available :D ;) )

Greetings

Timo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.