Just purchased Nod 32 please show me the way

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tony64, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony64

tony64 Registered Member

Hi everybody...!

please be patient I'm a newbie with Nod...And happy to be this soft is really topnotch

I have a naive question to ask,

Is it normal that the nod32 control center doesn't appear automatically in my running applications icon tray . I had to do it manually through the start menu in windows......

Also, what is the real utility of Amon, I immagine the background scanning to eat rammemory and I turned it off. Is it dangerous ? I dropped all classic virus software for this one since it is light and ferocious !!

Thanks for your kind replies

Tony

2. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

I'm not sure why you don't get the icon, but you should DEFINITELY leave AMON running. It really isnt all that resource intensive and is, along with IMON, a very powerful way of detecting viruses automatically.

3. tony64

tony64 Registered Member

Many thanks !!!!!

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This is defiantly NOT normal, can you do the following: Try deleting TEMP files using the Disk Cleanup Wizard as described here:

Windows 98, Me, 2000, and XP come with a Disk Cleanup Wizard that streamlines the process of clearing out unwanted temp files. To access the Wizard, click on the Start button and choose Programs (All Programs in Windows XP). Then choose Accessories, System Tools, and Disk Cleanup. (A shortcut is to click on Start, choose Run, and type in cleanmgr.)

The wizard will give you the option of cleaning up all your hard drive partitions, if you have more than one. It will show you how much space is being consumed by unneeded temporary Internet files, as well as other temporary files, downloaded program files, and offline Web pages. This Disk Cleanup Helper will even empty the Recycle Bin for you. Just check the box in front of the item, click OK, and the wizard will clean up your disk. Get rid of at least the temporary Internet files and other temporary files. Remember that the files in the Recycle Bin take up hard drive space, so you may want to have the wizard empty your trash as well.

There is another method here:

http://personal-computer-tutor.com/...ngtempfiles.htm

Then download a FRESH copy of Nod32 from www.nod32.com

Uninstall your current version.

Remove the Eset Folder from C Drive> Program Files.

Install the FRESH copy of Nod32 that you downloaded above.

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.