Just plain dumb MS Autoupdate SP2

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mercurie, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

You know, fellow creatures, this Micro$ SP2 update thing is really stupid.

How in the world do you convince the average nonsecurity savy user that SP2 is so important to load and install with a half start. It's kind of like a Runner getting called back to the starting line for a false start except the average user is going to throw up their hands and say what the hell. oh forget this!!!

What on earth am I talking abouto_O Well I got my XPWin flag and globe in my system tray and thought o. k. Micro$ has finally released SP2 to masses.

I clicked my update icon dutifully as I am set for notification and prefer to babysit d/l and istall. Nothing happens and again, well this time I'm sent to a SP2 hype site by Micro$ . Hell with this I got to go to work. Well I got a little more time. Look at this, they want me to set this thing for auto down load.

What a bunch of crap. I dutifully do it. Then read some forums tonight and see what they are doing. I honestly thought servers were just busy. Wrong!!! :mad: See story at link below:

http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-22_11-5312863.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.