Just Newbie Question!

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by reevesloh, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reevesloh

reevesloh Registered Member

Halo,i heard that Prevx is a gud software so i decide to text it with free edition but i now using ESET SMART SECURITY4 n doctor spyware.So it is no problem for me to use PREVX 3.0 with this two antivirus software active?

2. pegas

pegas Registered Member

One or two threads below I wrote having ESS 4 and no problems at all.

3. reevesloh

reevesloh Registered Member

ICIC then how about if i wan to uninstall it?I dun see "uninstall" file in my folder...

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

via Control Panel or any 3rd party uninstaller (i.e. Your Uninstaller, CCleaner etc.)

5. pegas

pegas Registered Member

First off, sry reevesloh I will borrow your thread as I think my question is also of a newbie nature :)

I am looking forward to full license that is hopefully on the way ... meanwhile I am trying to collect about Prevx as much information as possible. It might be my fault but never found out what happens when a computer goes offline. If I am correct, the Prevx relies on the cloud community online database. Let's suppose my computer is offline and I will plug a USB flash disk and will try to execute an infected malicious file. How Prevx is going to check that file and afterwards prevent the file execution when the connection is off?

I do apologize if that issue has been already answered but I couldn't discover it. So I would appreciate if somebody can elaborate a bit.

Thanks and regards,
    pegas

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Offline detection for any antivirus product results in limited capacity - it is impossible to check with the newer signatures when scanning offline. Currently if the file running from the USB stick is not a variant of a threat your PC has seen before, Prevx will not detect it if offline, however, Prevx will monitor the behavior from the file so that it can undo any infections if the file is found to be malicious when the internet is reconnected.

We will be adding additional offline protection as an update to Prevx in the near future but for now the best solution is to disable AutoRun from your PC or connect to the internet and scan files as they come in.

Let me know if you have any questions with this :)

7. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thx for explanation. Now it's clear to me how Prevx behaves under such specific conditions like the offline status. I don't have a problem with limited possibilities of Prevx and I fully agree that other AV products are more less on the same ship with you as regards the offline detection capabilities. This is one of the reasons why I decided to multiply my security in the way of buying Prevx to ESS.

Good news! Looking for whatever enhancement! Yes, I have disabled autoruns already long ago.

No thx :) oh maybe one ... where do you class Prevx? It's an AV, HIPS, Security Suite, Firewall or? Just curious.

8. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Prevx is a hybrid combination of programs - a mix of antivirus/antimalware/HIPS/behavior blocker/antispyware/antitrojan/antirootkit combined together behind an abstract icon :) We don't currently have a firewall or some other security-suite features like parental controls/spam blocking but I wouldn't count us out to adding these in the future ;)

9. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thx, it is absolutely perfect. I can easily live without bloating security suites with many lets say "marketing" features that are useless in the end because they dont enhance the protection at all. Hence I kicked up NIS and stuck with ESS and Prevx. BTW, I am already enjoying the full license ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.