Just me? Can't get v3.5.1 to load at all ...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Wes Fisher, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wes Fisher

Wes Fisher Registered Member

I've run several searches, but can't find anyone else with the same issue, so help / suggestions are appreciated ....

I am running a very clean version of WIN XP Pro. I regularly run reliable Spyware software such as HijackThis, Ad-Aware SE & Spybot S&D (all current versions) at least once a week. I have no PC issues that I'm aware of, but after downloading SpywareBlaster v3.5.1, I can't get the program to load at all. I keep getting that pesky little Microsoft Error Message that asks me if I want to send the report to Microsoft. That's it.

I tried to download from not only the JavaCool site, but MajorGeeks & Download.com as well, in the hope that the problem was in the download, but same problem every time, regardless of where I get the download.

Everything else works fine, including all other Spyware programs. I've used SpywareBlaster in the past & would like to have it in my preventive arsenal, but have run out of ideas. All I can think of is perhaps getting a hold of an older version & then upgrading from within the program, but not sure if that will help.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Wes

P.S.- not getting any specific error messages, like missing files, damadged or corrupted ..., .dll errors, etc ... just Microsoft general error message, followed by "do you want to send a report to microsoft?"

2. twigy

twigy Registered Member

I am having the same problem. I had the older version and when I installed the new version, when I try to launch it I get error massage " This program has performed an illegal operation and will shut down". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the older version and now it won't load with the same error message so I uninstalled it also. To bad it is a good program and I hate to give it up but just won't work.

3. Wes Fisher

Wes Fisher Registered Member

I guess I'll just check periodically for the next version & hope it tastes better so my PC doesn't spit it up.

4. mhf

mhf Registered Member

Same here - I've been using Spywareblaster now for a long time with no problems at all, then I updated to v3.5.1 and it won't run, I think it even crashed my machine when trying to load it.
    Win xp sp1 with emerge desktop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.