Just Installed Vipre.. First Impressions..

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Atomic_Ed, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

VIPRE stands for Virus Intrusion Protection Remediation Engine

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  2. Atomic_Ed

LOL! Sure hope thats not the case.

3. Atomic_Ed

When you talk about the issues you experienced, were these with the beta and not the fnal release? I am curious if what you experienced was simply the beta stages and not the final program. If it was final maybe you can post some of your system specs and programs installed so we might get an idea if there is some types of conflicts with the final release version. Appreciate your input on the thread.

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

@Atomic_Ed - Why are you using 3 consecutive posts for such mundane, inane schtuff? Are you trying to get your post count up? ;)

Who is "we"? Are you representing that company? You sound less & less like a "regular poster" & more & more like a sales person.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  5. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Shills, shills, everywhere. They invade this forum and allegedly are depicting the features and benefits of XYX AV. Unfortunately, their agenda is really to promote whatever they are writing about. I guess they think we cannot see through that.

6. egghead

egghead Registered Member

Touché :eek:

Inspector Bellgamin ;)

7. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Enough!

A positive opinion and/or enthusiasm on a product does not a shill make, and we're not going to start playing "let's cross examine every poster to determine whether they're a sales flak or not". It is simply not going to happen, so put those questions away.

Products live and die via diligent vetting by consumers. If a vendor believes they can get around that for more than the briefest time, they are mistaken.

Focus on the product, not the poster. That cuts to the chase faster than anything else.

Blue

8. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

To clarify the situation, Atomic_Ed isn't associated in any way with our company. He's a customer who tried it out, contacted our company because he had several questions (via tecsupport) So there is really no need to jump on the poor guy and accusing him that he does try to "sell" something here. He's really interested in the product and prolly just seeks some opinions from other users but he doesn't try to advertise or sale anything here.

Mike

9. Atomic_Ed

I was answering the individuals who had posted in the thread, thats all, as you can see if you read who I am answering. As for post counts, I could give a $hit about them. This forum to me is about knowledge and sharing not post counts.

I mentioned "WE" in the sense of US VIPRE USERS not a company. If you actually read through my thread too you will see it is my intention to build up a sharing of experiences between real Vipre users. WE stands for us users not speculators. Hope that clears this up for you.

My gosh some of you seem to take pleasure in attacking someone who is merely very excited about a product. I feel that is a shame but I guess it is kind of like a neighbor who gets agitated by the fact the next door people got a new car. Oh well, I won't allow those things to rain on my parade. So regadless of what you think, it is still only your opinion.

BTW.. Thanks Inspector Clouseau for letting these people know the truth.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  10. edd3800

edd3800 Registered Member

Well ED I read your post and didn't sound like a shill to me. I thought you found
    a product that you where excited about and wanted to inform us about. It seems that on this site if you find a product that you like and think it shows real potential. Some other forum members are going to tear you a new one. They go as far as to quote your sentences then show why your statement is wrong. One of the Threads I was enjoying just got closed because people got nasty. Life to short for this bull. I guess I'm done with wilders Oh and good luck with Vipre.

11. Atomic_Ed

Thank you so very much for your kind comments on my posting. I appreciate the fact that you saw my excitment about the product for what it is. Hearing from people like yourself who post positive and supportively, is like a much needed breathe of fresh air here.

It really is puzzling to me, how anyone would think that people here are here because of thier interest in security and the spirit of sharing experiences and knowledge with other like members. The whole spirit of a forum atmosphere is lost when people choose to take thier energies to be nasty and ridicule others. It really baffles me sometimes. God forbid if someone legitimately gets excited about something and wants to share that here. Funny thing is if they took the time to actually read what was actually written, they may just realize how silly some of thier assumptions / accusations are.

It is members like you that really make a difference in contributing and sharing. Please don't let some bad apples spoil the whole bunch and drive you away.

12. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I ve downloaded Vipre from the official website,and from my knowledge they dont put betas over there.The system specs are: KT333+Barton 2600+1GRAM+XP SP.The lock ups and strange behaviour forced me to remove it fast.Never encountered such issues with other security software.It was used in conjunction with Sunbelt Firewall latest version at that moment.
    I tryed to use, it didnt worked properly, i moved on.

13. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Interesting.. I just fired it up on my Oldest system which is a KT400, Barton 3000+ 2Gigs of 400 DDR and XP SP 3

No problems as of yet to report.. might be a glitch on your system.

14. Atomic_Ed

I was thinking the same thing. If you look at the minimum system requirements for the hardware

At least an IBM Compatible 400MHZ computer with minimum 256MB RAM
    At least 150MB of available free space on your hard drive

Looks like he is well above that so it may be some kind of glitch as you suggested. However it doesn't sound like he is still running it anymore as he said he moved on now or we could dig further trying to figure out why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.