Just installed TDS3(unreg).Tried updating Radius d/base but can't find old file

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by lljvll, Apr 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lljvll

lljvll Registered Member

Having just installed the evaluation version of TDS3, I was told my Radius.TD3 database was outdated. I am aware that the update file is available at http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/radius.td3, but when I right-click and attempt to "Save Target As" I am unable to find the existing radius.td3 file to replace.

Question: When manually updating my Radius.TD3 database, which file do I replace when I download the new file, ie where is the EXISTING radius.td3 file?

Many thanks for any assistance given.
    John

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Re:Just installed TDS3(unreg).Tried updating Radius d/base but can't find old f

John,

After downloading the latest radius file and storing it on a temp place, extract the file to the Diamond Computer Systems > Dcs3 directory. You will be asked if it's okay to overwrite the existing old file; confirm and do so. That's all there's to it.

Succes - and post in case you encounter problems ;).

regards.

paul

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Ho John,
    welcome aboard!
    Little corrections here.
    The radius.td3 is ready use so doesn't need extraction.
    You can download it immediately in your TDS-3 directory.
    If you installed default for instance
    c:\program files\diamond computer systems\TDS-3 there is where to save your downloaded radius.td3 file, which will overwrite the existing one.
    If the registered version does, it makes a radius.bak file of the current one, so we can go back if anything would ever make that necessary. (hardly ever, and i use it many years now)
    Of course you can rename that manually too if you would really like as long as you get them manually.
    Anyway, after the new radius.td3 is in, you can start or reload TDS-3 and you'll see the new references which you can compare at the TDS-3 update site and on top of the DCS forum as well as here in the daily update messages.
    In the automated updates or from the menu (registered versions only) the radius database reload part is automated too, so we don't need to restart TDS as a whole.

4. lljvll

lljvll Registered Member

Thanks...

Found the file and duly replaced it (the problem being I did, as suggested at the installation screen, change the default settings so it was not to be found where I expected).

It does, however, still give me the message on startup:

"WARNING! Your Radius.TD3 database needs to be updated!"

Perhaps it gives this message regardless. However I now have 23780 references so it appears it has been successfully updated.

Many thanks,
    John

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Re:Thanks...

Yes, this is normal for an unregistered copy of TDS. You will always get this reminder, even as you've seen, when you've just downloaded the latest radius database.

Not a problem. :)

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Great you succeeded John!
    Hope you're happy evaluating!

One little thing: in case you consider of registering it, there is this week special action with the 20% rabat which is $10 difference with the normal price of $49,xx which i've never seen before and is not expected back either.
    I mean: just in case you think to be a happy user, with full support on the two forums and email, many users in the field in the forums, and top notch security software on your system and then that very special offer, don't let that $10 slip away unnecessary.
    The registration differences you can see on the TDS site, and it opens several extra functions like the automated radius updating, exec protection, ability to run bigger scripts, free upgrade to TDS-4 once it's there, etc. etc.

Please ask questions if there are!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.