Just installed Browser Hijack Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by b1kra, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b1kra

b1kra Registered Member

Hi Again Paul,

Just installed the Browser Hijack Blaster. and have a question,

are there any database updates for this?

So far so good, althouigh I had to create a short cut and put it in the default programs/Startup folder to get it to start with windows boot on my xp home sp-1 machine. Placing a check in the start with windows did nothing. Just thought I would let you and others with xp systems know. Keep up the great work it is sincerely appreciated :)

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Nope - the current version does not support database updates (it really doesn't need them - that's just for the extra feature that will notify you if your homepage has been changed to a site associated with spyware). Perhaps a future version will support updates. :)

(Extra info) With the current version of the program you will need to manually add a shortcut to your "StartUp" folder in your Start Menu (or start it manually at each boot). That option to start it minimized doesn't set the program to start at each boot - it just ensures that the program, when started, will only appear in the system tray.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. museheart

museheart Registered Member

I installed it also, but what if you already have a browser hijacker, according to AdAware (I posted this earlier in the Spywareblaster forum)?

If it is what AdAware say then Browser Hijack Blaster is not catching it:

That is another entry. There are many.

Thanks,

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi museheart,

From the BrowserHijackBlaster page.
    So you have to make sure you are clean before activating BHBlaster.
    If you'd like me to help you post your HijackThis log
    Download, Unzip and run HijackThis, Then click Scan > Save log, save the log as a .txt file and copy & paste its content into your next post.
    Don´t fix anything yet. Most of what it finds is harmless.

Regards,

Pieter

5. museheart

museheart Registered Member

OK. But I did get a reply from AdAware which made me angry and I did some deleting myself...actually changed some values.

Thanks. Later.

6. b1kra

b1kra Registered Member

Yup
    put a shortcut in my start up so it starts when booted, seems even though the start with windows is checked on xp machines it does not work and the shortcut needs to be put in the start up manually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.