just installed avira 10 free

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wutsup, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvario

mvario Registered Member

Well that's one step in the right direction. Though for me to give it another chance they really need to add an advanced user interface that allows for ignoring false positives without having to go through a scan each time.

2. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

i spoke to soon....still shows 17 hidden objects whis are just hidden files or what not. not a big deal i guess

on my main computer it shows 27 hidden objects lol

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

thanks Marcus.

4. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

hey trjam, i have a question.

when i do a complete scan with max settings that avira 10 free allows, sometimes it will find 17 hidden objects(fals positives) and sometimes it willl find 0 hidden objects. any reason for this?

5. TechHarmony

TechHarmony Registered Member

The Expert/Advanced option in Configuration settings does allow to specify files which can be excluded.

And I also agree that I wish it would be somewhat easier to control the false positives.
    Maybe one way is to have a new option in the scan result that says "Ignore now, & remember to ignore this one from now on".

I have added some items to the Configuration/Expert/Scan/Exceptions. Now I wish I could easily export and import the same items into the Guard list too (rather than browsing or typing one line at a time).

I will send them a request on this, and I encourage you to do same - the more voices they hear to make it more configurable and user friendly, the better. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.